Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what was the best combo?? I was thinking Steeda's CAI with the Predator tune...but i want to hear ur opinions??? I have checked sites but cant decide lol. Tell me whats the most RWHP i can get...and the price thanx:tongue

·
Registered
867 Posts
Baginoman said:
I was wondering what was the best combo?? I was thinking Steeda's CAI with the Predator tune...but i want to hear ur opinions??? I have checked sites but cant decide lol. Tell me whats the most RWHP i can get...and the price thanx:tongue
I have the Steeda and the C&L. Both are tuned using the Predator. The Steeda is a bit less expensive since you use the stock tube. No noticable performance difference between the 2 but the Steeda really howls at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no HP gain at alllll????:happyhapp

·
Registered
263 Posts
Baginoman said:
so no HP gain at alllll????:happyhapp
He meant that there was no noticable gain (Difference in HP) between the Steeda and the C&L.

·
Registered
169 Posts
But on any of the tunes, the hp doesn't just appear at say 6500 rpm's, but comes on at a sooner, more usable range. More of a flatter spike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You guys with the tune and cai, is there a big difference in power. Is there a seat of the pants feel. I added a cai and chip to my 03 gt I had (now have a 05) and felt little to no power gain at all. Is it worth the 700 bucks for this mod? don't mean to steal the thread but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the JLT with the SCT2 Tune. Must say, makes me happy!

I do not know the power gains, but it is noticable.:kooky:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Fryguy_pa said:
I have the JLT with the SCT2 Tune. Must say, makes me happy!

I do not know the power gains, but it is noticable.:kooky:
Fryguy got it right! To my knowledge that IS the best combo!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently purchased the JLT cai. Have any of you others that have this system have a problem with nose cone falling off while driving. It has happened to me twice so far.. Engine goes into failsafe mode which is a scary expierience if you dont know what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Rizzen said:
I recently purchased the JLT cai. Have any of you others that have this system have a problem with nose cone falling off while driving. It has happened to me twice so far.. Engine goes into failsafe mode which is a scary expierience if you dont know what the hell is going on.
That is a known issue and have been fixed! Just conntact JLT and they should send you the fix, it's just a steel ring that goes between the intake and the filter! You most have gotten one of the 'pre 'full' production' units...

(No I don't work for, nor have I ever talked to JLT... I just feel bad for trashing their product earlier and then found out that it has been fixed and it gives the most power of ALL tested CAIs!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow thanks for the speedy reply. Going to call them this afternoon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Kinda off topic sorry, buttt.... Here is a question, has anyone else just purchased a tuner by it’s self (hey I am poor)? I can now say I have. Just curious since I noticed a tad bit more power, but the overall drivability has no comparison to stock. And I can really see the difference with the damn throttle lag tuned out and the “issue” with the throttle plates closing off close to red line. After doing this I would have to say that AT least a programmer is a must first purchase for any new 05 owner.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
:evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck

Hear Hear!! There is one that's gotten it right! How long did that take? Almost a year...?? First mod, tuner, always tuner if you're not going for looks... tuner and CAI if you can afford them both! Smart ZMAN2800! :thumbsup

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Rizzen said:
Wow thanks for the speedy reply. Going to call them this afternoon.
How did it go?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't say enough about the MMR CAI and SCT2 tuner. No more throtle response issues, more HP and better MPG. Granted I haven't taken 'er to a dyno, but the feel of performance is enough for me. JHMO...

·
Registered
369 Posts
So is there a difference between the Xcal 2 and the Diablo? I am very interested in making a tune my 1st big change ;o)

Will a tune get rid of the computer trying to predict my driving style? That whole adjusting to how I drive bit.

Thanks for any info guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts