Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get involved in drifting? I'm 16 from Fair Oaks, California and own a '66 Mustang. I go to school during the day but I usually have time to do things nights and weekends. I know some might think I should be learning to drive first before I learn to drift but I have always had a passion for driving and want to get involved competitively.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drift that stang

Hey this is foxfive0racing and would love to get together and discuss options for you and I.I own a 90 gt that is being built by myself to drift in D1 and Formula D.I live in hemet ca down by riverside and temecula ca.They have drift days every month at fontana speedway and many other spots as well.Check out formulad.com for the schedule and many other links.I can also help you with sponsorships.Just got picked up by 6 companies.Contact me at (951)658-4437 or you can email me at [email protected] Hope we can meet up some time soon.
Mike Rampani:winks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my car isn't BUILT to drift. I just want to get involved in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys, sounds like good stuff. If you want to just check it out, head out to the drift days at Fontana, and make sure to see the pros at the events at the end of the year.

In theory, a car doesn't have to be built specifically for drifting, but that theory begs two key issues: 1) If it is your only car, and you need to drive it home and to school or work, using it in any motorsport is somewhat risky. Some have less risk and less wear and tear than others, like everything, it depends on what you are doing and how you are doing it. Autocrossing is generally the least risk, the least wear, and teaches the most real skill in true, usable car control. Drifting (at least at the amatuer level like at drift days in the parking lot at Fontana, are relatively safe, but still pretty hard on equipment. 2) If you want to get into drifting in a competitive sense, then just like every other motorsport, special preparation is needed in order to be competitive and safe, etc.

Later. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.