Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 17 years old and still in high school. I have a 1992 notch back with a 2.3 in it. Mustangs has always been my passion. Especially since my Grandpa has always been into drag racing Stangs. I hope to one day drop a 351 W into my mustang. :bigthumbsup Thats why I got a fox body mustang. Oh yeah and my question is where can I find a good cold air intake for my mustang? I have searched the web and all I can find is 5.0 cold air intakes.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Welcome... Do a forum search and I think you'll find that there aren't any. You may have to make your own.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
another quick way is to remove your air silencer it isnt as effective as a cold air intake but it will give you lik 2 to 4 hp and it is free the way i removed it was just sticking a metal pipe standing staight up and hamering down the air silencer if you dont know what it looks like it is the big oval shaped tube on your intake.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You can find sometimes on ebay a ram air kit for 91-93 stangs. You need a Mass Airflow adapter which makes you able to put a [email protected] conical filter on. Or you could just buy a [email protected] airfilter for your car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have been watching a few 2.3l mustang vids on youtube. I seen a 2.5 stroker with a turbo running in the 9's in a 1/4th mile.. I was wondering what is the most realistic possibility of horsepower out of a 2.3 motor if you went like all out.. I have heard like 900hp.. but that sounds like a lot to me for a 2.3. What it be possible to make a upper 4 second 1/8th mile 2.3 motor?:scratchchin

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Congrats on the Stang, and welcome to the site! :racer: Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.