Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
the best deals i found so far is e-bay,thats where i got my BBK.

·
Registered
132 Posts
J,
You could make you own....didn't you say in one of your post that your school has auto shop?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought a CAI online around that price but recently I've seen them at autozone. It sure does get rid of a lot of room and seems to help a little.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you would like to change your intake, i would recommend fabricating one, its actually very simple and rewarding! if you are interested in how message me!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
* * * N/A * * * 89-93 COLD AIR KIT, ECONOMY, 2.3L, BLACK WITH FILTER MUSTANG

http://mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=1001P+01&Category=&catkey=74-01

I have the one from mustangs unlimited. I haven't noticed a difference from removing the air silencer and putting in a K&N filter. Also, the picture is not the same. Check my cardomain for pics. If you have one from 91-93, I'm not sure if it'll work or not though.
it should work your engine bay is the same as mine i know that the more bends in the intake the less the flow for every 90 degree turn you loose 10% air flow

·
Registered
15 Posts
haha well if you think about a cold air intake, the biggest thing you are paying for is the tube itself, if you can fabricate say a 3" diameter pipe maybe what a foot and a half max, then get your cone, you really are saving alot of money, plus you can paint it whatever color, chrome it, make it pretty! haha its really preferance i guess, why do you need a welder for a cold air?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i suppose that true, as far as an intake goes you wouldnt really wanna have any welds just one nice straight solid tube bent into shape. however, if you were going to turbo your stang and needed intercooler tubing and a nice ram air style intake still on it, i could definatly see a welder being handy!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry for the late reply havent looked at this thread in awhile but thanks for the extra help it looks as if my brother is buying me one for christmas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.