Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ford Motorsports Vortech Supercharger and I want to install it on my 99 Cobra. Where can I find the mounting bracket to mount it on my car and instructions? I assume that I am also going to need a tuner for it so I need one of those. I also want to remove my two lower compression packs but I dont want my check engine light to come on. Please help and provide me with some web links with part numbers or a place where to find everything I need. The parts can be new or used. What are some other things that I can do for added power?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
what all does it have done to it right now? id turbo it if i were you, thats what im gonna do with mine, safer and more efficient.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Vortech isn't affiliated with Ford Motorsports!
Superchargersonline has instructions and a Mounting kit!

·
Banned
12,344 Posts
what do you have? Just the head unit? If so you need a complete install kit, you can get that from Vortech...I'd highly recommend an intercooler, you will need to upgrade your fuel system as well with bigger injectors, mass air and fuel pump...it will need to be custom tuned/dynoed to run properly...personally I think Vortech's suck for the 99, alot of hot air in a non forged motor is not going to make alot of power...I'm with red99, get a single turbo or a whipple or kenne bell supercharger or better yet a Terminator takeout motor, it's the lack of forged rods/pistions that really limit the boost/power

·
Banned
12,344 Posts
ok, then all the info you need is in my last post

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
guys safely make 475RW retaining the stock rods and pistons in these cars, it's all about a safe powerful tune, over 500 and the factory shortblock will need some attention in time..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked online with superchargersonline.com and they have the complete kit for over a thousand dollars. "OUCH"!!! All I need is the mounting bracket to bolt it onto me car. Where can I find just the bracket. I am looking to spend a couple hundred bucks but not over 1k. Is there anyone that has one and could tell me where to get just the bracket?

·
Banned
12,344 Posts
ok Summitt advertises that they have the brackets, by the way if you're going to make it in this world you need to learn to search Ebay and google things like this, I found that in 2 minutes on Ebay...you owe me a beer if you ever come to Tampa

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What was your search querry? I have tried looking on Ebay and I called Summit Racing and they said that they do not carry the brackets... Send me the link that you went to..:?:

·
Banned
12,344 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I checked online with superchargersonline.com and they have the complete kit for over a thousand dollars. "OUCH"!!! All I need is the mounting bracket to bolt it onto me car. Where can I find just the bracket. I am looking to spend a couple hundred bucks but not over 1k. Is there anyone that has one and could tell me where to get just the bracket?
Here's a link for the bracket
SuperchargersOnline.com :: Product: Vortech Gen3 Replacement Bracket Assembly for 1996-1999 Ford Mustang cobra with 4.6L

BUT you should really consider the complete mounting kit with hardware, correct spacers idler,water pump pulley (which must be changed),belt,Cobra emblem etc..
SuperchargersOnline.com :: Product: Vortech Mounting Bracket Assembly for 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra with 4.6L (GEN 3)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks alot! :kooky: :bigthumbsup

What other parts am I going to need to make this a successful install? If you know of any part number or links to where I can get everything I need, please share it with me. :gringreen

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
What Bypass valve do you have? Install oil pressure,Boost and water temp gauges,you'll need bigger injectors,fuel pump..
You don't just bolt the head unit up and go.. Lots of prep is needed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
And a good tune

1 - 16 of 16 Posts