Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want any and all opinions on my idea for striping my car. I bought the Cervinis Type IV hood and it is currently at the shop being prep'ed.

Now my idea for painted stripes is simialr but different for the picture below. What I was thinking was taking what is on the hood and carrying that down the entire length of the car, bumber to bumber. Nothing coming down and going along the side.

I've been search all over I cannot find exactly this. That's kind of okay because I want ed something that is diiferent from the other. the other thing I was thinking about was having the inside of the hood painted as well, just incase I find myself at a car show some day. Ithing this would be cool.

Cats out of the bag, let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
+1 i think it will look great.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I like the sound of it. I think it will look great. Painting the inside of the hood is a good idea. Looks sharp even if you don't show it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I think it will look great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stlwagon,
I had to laugh, after reading your reply I looked at our car (which I seen countless times on this forum) and it's exactly what I had in mind.

I'll post pics when it's done.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Stlwagon,
I had to laugh, after reading your reply I looked at our car (which I seen countless times on this forum) and it's exactly what I had in mind.

I'll post pics when it's done.

Thanks
Glad I could help :hihi:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I think it will look great.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks like what I was wanting. The "Boss" stripes. (With out the BOSS) I like it. Now what color??

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I think just like the majority of everyone here. I like it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Color: black or some lighter shade of black, not sure yet.

Thanks for all the positive replies. I was pretty sure it would look good but hearing different opinions helded. Thanks again and I will post pics, probably in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
biff,

I checked out that link and that is exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
+1 on looking good. Do the inside of the hood, it will make it look great.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I want your honest opinions.
Hey! That kind of restriction really limits my ability to comment.
(And its only one step away from asking for positive feedback only.)

Painting the inside of the hood is also a good idea. Looks sharp even if you don't show it.
My friend Mark fully finished and painted the underside of the hood and trunklid on his Cobra roadster kit car (pic in my gallery) complete with the stripes. It does look nice at cruise nights.

How about this stripe?
I love the shaker scoop and I like the stripe pattern, but I think the stripe would look better in matte black. It would integrate the black shaker scoop more, and matte black on gloss black is very sharp. But I understand if you had the stripes painted to match the color of the GT/CS side stripes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very similar to yours texasgtcs, just the outer strips are wider, I think it was 2 1/2"

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think it will look amazing. I have never seen a stripe job like that before. It really makes me re-think how I might want mine done if I decide to take of my stripe decals and get them painted on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.