Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2010 v6 Mustang is 3400 LBS 210 HP 240 Torque Stock
2004 v6 Mustang 3000 LBS 190 HP 220 Torque Stock,

My goal was to be able to beat a v6 Mustang 2010 by looking at this its already close from weight to HP ratio. Im running more than likly

230 HP torque??? weight 3000LBS for my 2004 so I should be able to win right? I think this month I'm going to buy the BBK Throttle Body and get another 7-10 HP.

Whats the Stock TB for a 2004? And will a 65MM even make that much of a diff for 250 bucks? or is there something better that ""I"" can install.Was also thinking to reducing some weight besides myself :p

""Covered""
ColdAir Intake
MagnaFlow Exhaust
SuperChip (Gears stiffened and rev set higher)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
1.) its not all about numbers, power curve has alot to do with it.

2.) you still won't beat one

3.) gears stiffened? Do you mean harder shifts?

4.) a thorttle body won't do anything. Gears & t lok are your best bet.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
TBs are pretty much a joke until you get into F/I... And I'm not so sure you could beat the 2010 V6...

Keep in mind, Ford has had quite some time since your car was made to perfect their Mustangs. I've heard of the 2005-09 V6's beating 99-04 GT's... So you probably won't be able to beat a new 2010 V6 too easily.

But who knows? It depends who's driving! :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You need a few more mods to beat an S197 V6. Probably add an intake spacer, they are cheap and offer power. UDP's? Not too much you can do to tell a huge difference for under a grand.

It takes nearly full bolt-ons for a 4.0L V6 to continuously beat PI GT's. Not all GT driver's are created equal... lmao

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is your car an auto or a manual? Im assuming its an auto because you said it firmed up the shifts. You won't beat a newer v6. I am running a 15.48 with all the mods below in the 1/4 mile with my heavy wheels. As of right now, you are maybe running a 15.5 at the fastest, probably more like a 15.7 in the 1/4 mile, which is not enough to beat a new v6.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is this The new stangs are 400 LBS heavier thats huge! And I know im more than likly 20 HP over stock of there year. Instead of me making my car Stronger I was think of making it lighter. If you take off 200 LBS for 230 HP for the 1/4 mile you gain approx .4 of your time, according to a calulator of course :).

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Why is this The new stangs are 400 LBS heavier thats huge! And I know im more than likly 20 HP over stock of there year. Instead of me making my car Stronger I was think of making it lighter. If you take off 200 LBS for 230 HP for the 1/4 mile you gain approx .4 of your time, according to a calulator of course :).
Your not 20hp over, you might be equal... but not 20hp over.

taking 200lbs off your car won't be cheap. unless you want to completely cut the interior and remove the ac and power steering.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Why does the 2009 Challenger R/T beat my S197 GT? They're 600 lbs more, but have a lot more hp.

What's my point? Weight isn't everything. Like I said, Ford had some time to improve their drivetrain design... A more efficient transfer of energy to the wheels. No doubt you have the capabilities of beating a 2010 V6er, but it's gonna take more than your average bolt ons to do.

Idk a lot about your style of Mustang, but I'd say putting a GT rear end, 4.10s, CAI, tune, UDPs, longtube headers, mid pipes, axlebacks, 1-piece driveshaft, and even a throttle body will have you beating a sn95 gt, a s197 V6... And MAYBE some 2010 v6ers. We don't really know what they can do on the street yet! :hihi:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Idk a lot about your style of Mustang, but I'd say putting a GT rear end, 4.10s, CAI, tune, UDPs, longtube headers, mid pipes, axlebacks, 1-piece driveshaft, and even a throttle body will have you beating a sn95 gt, a s197 V6... And MAYBE some 2010 v6ers. We don't really know what they can do on the street yet! :hihi:
1. our mufflers are mounted in front of the rear axle.
2. our driveshafts are already 1-piece driveshafts
3. TB's on our cars are a waste of money on a stock/bolton engine.

;)

PS. i love your sig cuz it's so true :hihi:
(Those who say they would rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford usually do)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.