Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought if you run a 10.99 or quicker a roll bar is required. Today, I ran a 11.48 and I was called to the tech booth. The guy was cool about it and told me to run hard up to 1000 foot mark and let out. I tried it a few times and it just wasn't the same. So now I need to get a rollbar. Which sucks because my other projects are being pushed back. The next thing inline that I was going to purchase was a Triple Hat fuel pump so I could pump up the boost, then, a trailer, and some drag wheels with skinnes and slicks. Well now none of that matters till I get a rollbar. The track I normally go to I didn't have a problem with my times, however this track I went to today is a NICE ASS track. Decisions, Decisions.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I think that most tracks have it set up if you run that quick you need a roll bar.
So put a roll bar in it and kick some butt.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at MIR today. Your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does MIR get crowded? I could have had about 10+ runs today.

·
Registered
318 Posts
10.99 or quicker, or faster than 135 mph is for the full roll cage.
11.49 or quicker requires a roll bar.

This is according to the NHRA sport compact rulebook.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What the difference between a full cage and roll bar?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
What the difference between a full cage and roll bar?
less room and a bigger pain to get in and out. with a cage you have supports going along the sides of the door if i am not mistaken.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol,

I won't be doing a cage, that looks like a real pain to get in and out of.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
thats a great # James! how many runs did you make? surely they didnt bust ya on the 1st pass?
Im right there with ya....Im sure Ill be close to 11.50 over there maybe not but close. Ill find out April 4th :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had two runs that were 11.48 and 11.49 they busted me on the 11.48. I had just parked and about 3 min later, I hear, "car 723 please go to the tech booth" I didn't even know my number till they announce it again and I looked back on my windshield.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Great runs

PH turbo + built motor= roll bar

I have a 8 point roll bar and I'm good until 9.99. I had to check though to make sure

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html
The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs.

I won't be doing a cage, that looks like a real pain to get in and out of

It's not so bad with swingouts and you can take the side off completely until track day.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
was your roll bar custom made?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
was your roll bar custom made?
No. Not sure where the kit came from but it was installed with frame mounts by a professional dragracer/welder (40 ft dragster cars). Once race tunes are done, it's likely that times will come down after a while. I have started looking into converting to full cage. It means more metal above your head and running into and through the dash.

Pic is of 8pt just after install. Lost all sound insulation in the rear, so it's louder on the inside than before. You get to hear all sorts of transmission clunking noises and gasoline sloshing around etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
wonder what the rules are for 1/8 mile for roll bars? 7.30's?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.