Ford Mustang Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
I hate black cars...... does that male me racist??

If your going to drive a sports car learn to drive a stick boys....I don't care blagh blagh blagh sports cars should be MT only!! I feel once they get passed the V6 they should all be MT no excuse. It is just flat out Unamerican to drive an automatic sports car! There I said it!

Maybe its because us girls know how to use the stick better......much practise!!

I won't touch the know how to use a stick better comment. :smartass:

This is a muscle car not a sports car...

I actually sold my 11' GT with manual 3.73's to get an 11GT auto mainly due to the horrendous 60 mile daily traffic I was enduring.

It's funny because I have been on other threads arguing FOR the manual saying it was faster and more fun, bashing the auto drivers just like some here lol. Ignorance since I had never driven the auto 11GT at the time.

First of all I am very good at driving manual and all but one of my many cars has been manual since I was 16 (now 35)
I have banged gears running an 11 sec 1/4 mile in a fwd car so believe me I know how to shift.

Now having the manual with the 5.0 I have found it is a better fit for this car and even more fun to drive! I love this car now!
When I had the manual I really wanted to mod it but now having the auto I am happy with it stock. Pretty weird.
The only advantage the manual has for this car imo is for the twisties. Other than that more trouble than it's worth for my personal situation.

I agree DSG would be the SH%T :bigthumbsup

Then we agree! :winks
Now having the manual with the 5.0 I have found it is a better fit for this car and even more fun to drive! I love this car now!:bigthumbsup

For me personally I have to have a manual to be able to enjoy driving the car. I like to be in full control of what my car is doing at all times, which is also why I drive with all the nannies off too. I'm not saying it's the best for everyone or the fastest or trying to brag about my manual driving ability. Just saying I would not enjoy driving the car nearly as much if it was auto. And I drive 56 miles each way to work, though most of it is highway, but even in stop and go traffic I just deal with a tired left leg to be able to enjoy the car when I'm not in traffic.

Couple of things: First Jamie 5.0 is cool.
Why is she cool? Because it's a chick on a car forum? Or because she can drive a manual? Or is it because she thinks that mustangs that trap 114mph are pathetic and doesn't know what supercharger whine sounds like? If she was a guy and came in here saying **** like that, she would have gotten flamed like no other.

Deki, brings up a good point. If a guy did come in here saying that, the most idiotic thing you could do is to flame him. The right thing to do is to politely inform him that hes wrong. If you flame him, then you just come off as a douche. Not everyone knows everything about vehicles. Treat the newcomers with respect (as hard as it may be) because we're all here to learn.

It sounds like you went to Pittsburgh Raceway Park, judging by your location. Mine was one of the Kona Blue 5.0 GT's there.

I was doing pretty much 12.1-12.2 at 113 mph. I was nailing good 60's, 1.7's with one high 1.6. I was down about 2-3 mph the entire night.

DA was about +2700 the entire night.

At the beginning of the day I couldn't trap higher than 108. Timing was being pulled big time due to the heat. Thats when it was at it's worst

Deki, brings up a good point. If a guy did come in here saying that, the most idiotic thing you could do is to flame him. The right thing to do is to politely inform him that hes wrong. If you flame him, then you just come off as a douche. Not everyone knows everything about vehicles. Treat the newcomers with respect (as hard as it may be) because we're all here to learn.
Thread winner right here. Well said.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Seer I did see your car and have pictures of it! I loved being there. I will be honest and say I am out of the car loop so to speak. I used to date a guy a long time ago that did body and engine work and I knew a lot way back then. He is the reason why I fell in love with fast amazing cars. He taught me to drive a stick shift on a 89 (I think that was the year) Toyota Supra. I have had speed and manual in my blood since:hihi:

I didn't know about the supercharge whine. I will still say I didn't care for it and that's ok seeing as I can't afford one of those anytime soon!!

Seer I did see your car and have pictures of it! I loved being there. I will be honest and say I am out of the car loop so to speak. I used to date a guy a long time ago that did body and engine work and I knew a lot way back then. He is the reason why I fell in love with fast amazing cars. He taught me to drive a stick shift on a 89 (I think that was the year) Toyota Supra. I have had speed and manual in my blood since:hihi:

I didn't know about the supercharge whine. I will still say I didn't care for it and that's ok seeing as I can't afford one of those anytime soon!!

Supercharge the 5.0 :D

Well positive displacement superchargers found on the GT500 whine like that. Centrifugal supercharges make more of a high pitched whistling noise.

And I hear ya, mine is a manual too. Although automatics are more consistant, and once when you get to a certain point in speed, make more sense than a manual.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
I drove a supercharged 2004 (?I think) Cobra over the weekend and it was crazy scary!! It didn't have much more HP then mine but with the tunes and MODS done to it it was not an easy ride. I was scared. I think for everyday driving and such mine is great in that area, lol!! I wouldn't want to drive his cobra everyday. BTW he is planning to take his to the track at some point to. I will let you know when.

I don't know about the Automatics. After all the auto talk its kinda weird but I want to drive one to see the difference. I will stand by the fact that I won't own one, but it would be interesting to see the difference. I know when I tac mine out it the rev limiter kicks in and drops the gear and thats annoying but thats also me pushing it way to much.

I drove a supercharged 2004 (?I think) Cobra over the weekend and it was crazy scary!! It didn't have much more HP then mine but with the tunes and MODS done to it it was not an easy ride. I was scared. I think for everyday driving and such mine is great in that area, lol!! I wouldn't want to drive his cobra everyday. BTW he is planning to take his to the track at some point to. I will let you know when.

I don't know about the Automatics. After all the auto talk its kinda weird but I want to drive one to see the difference. I will stand by the fact that I won't own one, but it would be interesting to see the difference. I know when I tac mine out it the rev limiter kicks in and drops the gear and thats annoying but thats also me pushing it way to much.
Get a tune for the 5.0, it'll wake the car up tremendously.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Get a tune for the 5.0, it'll wake the car up tremendously.
I have it at 120 on an almost daily basis and have had it up to 145 on regular highways....I am good :hihi:

145 on regular highways

And doing 145 on regular highway is not the smartest move you have ever made. Go to the track, I tested my 5.0 on a road coarse and got to 151 safely and did not endanger anyone. don't do 145 on a highway

Discussion starter · #59 ·
And doing 145 on regular highway is not the smartest move you have ever made. Go to the track, I tested my 5.0 on a road coarse and got to 151 safely and did not endanger anyone. don't do 145 on a highway
I was on a open empty highway I wouldn't endanger anyone but myself but thanks for thinking I am a complete dim wit.

I was on a open empty highway I wouldn't endanger anyone but myself but thanks for thinking I am a complete dim wit.
If you do 120 on a daily basis and get your car up to 145 on a regular highway, you are a complete dim with. You do not have the ability to predict when and where someone can be at any point in time when you are going that fast, ON A PUBLIC ROAD. You will get yourself or someone else killed. And you go that fast and think you are good but you don't know how to shift a gear before you hit a rev limiter? Come on. You're a grown person, act responsibly.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.