Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. 2 days ago I ordered a black 2012 Mustang GT with the Lower Front Fascia and the Dark Stainless Billet Grille and the GT Coupe Accessory Package 5. I want to add some 3m cardinal red Lemans stripes but I'm not quite sure about stripe width.

First of all, does anybody know if the 2012 body is the same as the 2010 - 2011 GT?

I've checked out Graphics Express and there stripes are for the 2010 - 2011 models that are 12" wide. American Muscle shows there stripes as being either 8" or 12" wide but from the looks the 8" seems too narrow and the 12" seems too wide (they don't use the color I want and they don't have them for a Gt with a hood scoop and a pedistal spoiler as well). When I look at the pic of this 2011 Shelby Cobra it looks like the stripes are maybe 10" wide or they might be 12". If anyone knows I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Lemans stripes:

Loved them in 05 had to have them.

Now days they are over done. Too much associated with kids/********/v6s trying to look like GTS. NONE of which are stigmas i want to be associated with.

My advice, find something more unique. Do one of the wide single rally stripes straight down the middle or do the Boss stripes that go over the hood, down the quarter panels and down the bottom along with a rear deck black out.

Just my .2 cents.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Allentown, we go back to when the 2011s first came out, but I'll have to disagree a little bit.

ok I went with the 8 inch stripes on both of our cars. We ordered ours knowing we would do the LeMans stripes. Yes there are a ton that have over done it, but it makes our cars unique. So I say do what you like. My V6 had Red over Black so I know it looks good. I can get you some pics if you ask nicely, but remember its an 07 and I don't have it anymore lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
my stripes are 10" and they seem like the perfect width to me

·
Banned
885 Posts
Here is a couple pics of my 2011 w/hood scoop & ped spoiler w/lemans stripes.Width to be honest I'm not sure but it makes a nice fit on the hood w/scoop!

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a couple pics of my 2011 w/hood scoop & ped spoiler w/lemans stripes.Width to be honest I'm not sure but it makes a nice fit on the hood w/scoop!

If you don't mind me asking... where did you get those stripes from? I like the look of the lemans stripes with the pinstriping along the side of them.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my stripes are 10" and they seem like the perfect width to me

That is a good width for lemans stripes. I'm just having a tough time deciding on it. I knew right off the bat what I wanted to do with my first Stang.

Thanks for the reply

·
Banned
885 Posts
If you don't mind me asking... where did you get those stripes from? I like the look of the lemans stripes with the pinstriping along the side of them.

Thanks for the reply
My dealer has a local guy that came right to my home.I'm sure they're the same stripes you can buy online.

Forgot to mention the added stripes on the outside of the lemans stripes.

Had the guy add them when he was at my place.Thought it was a nice added touch!

Paid $300.00 total!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I ordered a black GT with the glass roof. I was thinking of doing matte blk stripes over the hood scoop and rear only,,not sure how that would look?

·
Banned
885 Posts
Ok was nice here today so took her for a ride!

Measured the stripes & they are 10 inches wide & the pinstripes are 1/2".Hope this helps!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok was nice here today so took her for a ride!

Measured the stripes & they are 10 inches wide & the pinstripes are 1/2".Hope this helps!

Thanks for letting me know the size. Now I can browse the net to see who might have 10" stripes and possibly may be able to make the side pinstripes. They really look cool.

Shawn

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered a black GT with the glass roof. I was thinking of doing matte blk stripes over the hood scoop and rear only,,not sure how that would look?

In December I brought my car to the dealership for its fall/winter oil change and tire rotation and they had a used 2009 Cobra in the showroom that was black with either a flat black or a really dark grey striping that looked really cool. For $43,000 (canadian) I was really tempted to trade my 2001 for it but I had never driven a manual transmission before. That paint and stripe combo did give it that mean/ powerful look though.

Shawn

·
Registered
227 Posts
From what I've read the stripes on the (non-SVTPP) GT500 are 10" on the hood and 11" on the roof/rear and a 1.5" gap between them. Thinking about getting Kona Blue ones for the white stripe delete I'm picking up shortly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I installed mine last year. They are 3-M in Matte black. 10" wide each side with a 2" gap in the middle.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ That looks sweet with the hood spears.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts