Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of selling my 2007 V6 in order to buy a new 2009 Mustang. Normally I wouldn't ask for a price from people but this is the first car I have done things to and only the second car I have ever sold(Im 20). Anyway here is a list of what it has so any thoughts on a resale price would be appreciated.

2007 V6 Vista Blue Coupe: 25,890 miles
White Stripes Rocker and 2 8" and 2 1/4" bumper to bumper
Steeda CAI + SCT X3 Tune
Hood Scoop
Side Window Louvers
GT Bumper- Dual Exhaust (Flowmaster 44s)
Custom Grill and Lower Grill Insert
Kenwood In Dash Touch Screen MP3 and Navigation System
Chrome Tailight Trim

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
As a general rule, you don't get much of a return on mods. You get to enjoy them, but most people won't pay much more for a car that has them, they figure they can buy a stock one and do it themselfs later. I think you might be able to fetch 1k over the going price right now. I am not an expert, I just am constantly looking for deals so I look at car options and prices alot. Most used car dealers are listing their 05 and 06 4.0 mustangs in the 13k range. Since yours is an 07 you might start by asking 17k and be happy if you can fetch 15.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I dont know about the price, but i went to a Ford dealer and asked about the trade in value of my Mustang (of course i was not thinking of selling, just to get an idea) and the guy put my cars info and he said it worth 14G and the car only has 7K on it :shrug

·
Registered
786 Posts
I dont know about the price, but i went to a Ford dealer and asked about the trade in value of my Mustang (of course i was not thinking of selling, just to get an idea) and the guy put my cars info and he said it worth 14G and the car only has 7K on it :shrug
Trade in value is usually 3-5 k under private party blue book, so that sounds about right.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
my car, an 07 v6 with 35K miles on it in mint condition has a KBB value of about 15K, but i would NEVER expect to get that for it. i paid 12500 for mine

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Mustangs aren't worth jack right now. Even the GT's are selling for around 15k.

My car, babied its entire life, a loaded 2005 with 72k miles on it, blue books for $8,900. If thats not a slap in the face, I don't know what is. :so

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My car, babied its entire life, a loaded 2005 with 72k miles on it, blue books for $8,900. If thats not a slap in the face, I don't know what is. :so
A dealership "humored" me and told me they'd give me 1500 for my '00 V6 with 65k in pretty decent condition. That's a slap in the face. :so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.