Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came accross an article and fell in love with the dog dish wheels on this 1969 Fastback. The article seems to claim they were from the factory but I cannot find them on any other vehicles nor can I find anywhere to purchase the wheels and hubcaps. If anyone can identify if these are indeed from the factory or tell me where I can find a set for my Fastback I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Nathan

1969 Copper.jpg

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Yes. They also came on Torinos, Montegos and other small/ midsize cars. Dif being the center cap of course.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Those are the base wheels. The rims are standard steel ones painted body color with the basic hubcaps that just covered the center area. No trim ring.

They were the base wheels on 68 and 69s, and possibly other years. My 68 coupe parts car had them.

They did something similar in 71-73but the rims were painted black and a trim ring was used, like this http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/17319806+w750+st0/mump_0906_01_z+71_mustang_mach_1+front_view.jpg You could delete the trim ring for a similar look, and even paint the rims body color if desired.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, glad to head they are original to the car. I have seen the ones on later models but I feel like the center cap is larger..possibly just an illusion from the trim rings. I have found the center caps similar to these on ebay but does anyone reproduce the base wheels for them or will I need to start searching junk yards? Also, these are still five lug patterned under the caps right?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Nobody reproduces the steel rims for them. You'd have to find them from a salvage yard or someone who's getting rid of them.

They would be 4 or 5 lug, depending on motor, the hubcaps were used on both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.