Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2001 mustang 3.8L that i bought off a family in lancaster. they told me that they put a stage 2 short shifter and did some tranny work to it. also put in a cold air intake. But recently ive been having a weird idle problem. when i come to a stop it would want to die on me. or the idle would drop very low and shot back up. ive replaced the throttle body sensor, the mass air flow sensor, positioning sensor, the pcv valve, and the fuel filter nuthing has worked so far but i did notice that the throttle body itself was very built up with carbon. so i cleaned that and it seemed to work for about a couple hours, then started happening again. so i guess my question is what could be the problem with my idle or is it possible my intake manifold is so built upp with carbon that that would be the problem? if so what could cause that much build up please help thank you

forgot to mention i alson changed out plugs and wires

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats brand new the idle control valve. And the only codes that pop up say system too lean in bank 1 and system too lean in bank 2

·
Super Moderator
2,238 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 90lxwhite
1 - 5 of 5 Posts