Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the hot weather arrived here in Montreal, I have an Idle issue with my 2005 GT. My GT has 114,000 KM (i.e. approx 70,000 miles).

When I get to a traffic light or a stop and press on the clutch to stop, the Idle drops to 500 RPM and then fluctate between 500 and 750 RPM a few times before staying at 750 RPM.

Did anyone experience this? What is the problem?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That would most likely be normal. It happens to me when i drop rpms (rev, or disengage clutch coming to a stop light). Also happens when i turn steering wheel at idle. rpms drop to 500 or so, then back to 750. It's normal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was not doing this before.

Now it will cycles between 500 and 750 RMP 6-7 times. The engine seems like it will stall!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Mine was not doing this before.

Now it will cycles between 500 and 750 RMP 6-7 times. The engine seems like it will stall!

Try cleaning the MAF sensor, throttle body, and check the TPS (throttle position sensor). I'm not sure how you check the TPS, but I remember reading about how they have issues and cause idle/stall issues.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Try cleaning the MAF sensor, throttle body, and check the TPS (throttle position sensor). I'm not sure how you check the TPS, but I remember reading about how they have issues and cause idle/stall issues.
+1. Also change your fuel filter it you haven't in awhile.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its probably a dirty throttle body that is making the plates bind. You can remove it fairly easily and use carb cleaner and some rags to clean the body and the throttle plates.

You can also clean the MAF with electronic cleaner. Just spray the cleaner on and use a can of compressed air to dry out any residue.

Fuel filter is also a good idea, but probably not the source of the problem.

Bruce

·
Registered
307 Posts
Its probably a dirty throttle body that is making the plates bind. You can remove it fairly easily and use carb cleaner and some rags to clean the body and the throttle plates.

You can also clean the MAF with electronic cleaner. Just spray the cleaner on and use a can of compressed air to dry out any residue.

Fuel filter is also a good idea, but probably not the source of the problem.

Bruce
+1
I was having similar issues, I cleaned my throttlebody this weekend with crc throttlebody cleaner, cleaned my maf with crc mass air cleaner. My car purrs like a kitten now! smooth idle, no up and downs, Before it wanted to die with ac on, but thats gone too!!

I did change my fuel filter a few miles ago also, it didn't help the idle issues, not saying that it's not the issue, but a good idea like he said.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Definitely replace the fuel filter if it hasn't already been done. The recommended replacement interval is every 30K miles.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had that exact same problem. I cleaned my TB and it was 100% better. Its not too hard to remove the TB either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem fixed! I cleaned the MAF Sensor and the Throttle Body Plates!
Thanks Guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts