Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have an 87 Gt 5.0 I smell gas somewhere, if it is a leak, could that possibly have something to do with my car pretty much stalling at a stop and when I put it in gear? Idles like crap but drives ok, was thinkin fuel filter too, any ideas guys???? Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
check your fpr as well if its acting like it is going to stall, fuel rails could be leaking

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, i will try the regulator. It dont smell like its leaking by the motot, by my gas tank it smells strong. Just wondering if I have a leak in a line or such, if that will affect the pressure and cause the bad ideling and stalling, thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
when you come to a stop and almost stall that is mostly caused by a faulty vehicle speed sensor, but I could imagine if the pressure is too low ill-efects could come along with that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vehicle speed sensor????? whats that? sorry im not all that car literate ya know, just the basics to get by. wheres that located at?

·
Registered
303 Posts
the vehicle speed sensor is where the speedometer cable plugs into the tranny, its a little 3-4" piece with a gear on the end

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thanks that helps a lot, i was sitting there lookin all over for the maf sensor and couldnt find anything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.