Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

idle problems..need help

710 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  crzyhorse11 
#1 ·
Well i thought i had this problem fixed when i found a vaccum leak and fixed it. My car idled like it was supposed to for a day or two and now one of these three things happen when i drive it.

1. when i push the clutch in it will stick at 2000 to 3000

2. It will slowly come back down...stop at 2000...then drop to 1500 then drop to normal idle.

3. Will bounce inbetween 1000 to 2000

i don't think its a vaccum leak....could this be my iac going bad? thanks the help in advance

#2 ·
Mine does it sometimes when i turn on the a/c it fixes it some how it idles it up and seems normal, check the air filter make sure its clean, un plug the iac and spray with w-d 40. hope this works!

#4 ·
update.

took the iac valve off this morning and cleaned it. it was extremely dirty....looked like i was cleaning grease out of it is how bad it looked. put it back on and cranked the car up...got it out to temperature and took it out on the interstate with no problems. :) yay....saved 100 bucks. hope it stays that way. thanks for the posts

#5 ·
chances are that if you cleaned your IAC and it fixed you will soon need to replace it... another one of the wonderful emissions crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.