Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my electric fan for a while now, but it has started surging once it warms up to temp. It only seems to do it 50% of the time, but I was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem, or if this may be unrelated. I will be checking to make sure that my TPS is correct tonight, but I havnt touched since it was set last. Also i did get a strange code the other day, I believe it had something to do with my air diverter valve not opening or something. I will check the codes again too. Maybe it would be worth while to just pull out the entire smog pump assmebly and thermactor valves and whatnot? What do you guys think? I only want to remove it if thats really the problem cause otherwise there is no point.... Thanks guys, just looking for any preliminary ideas

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You can try cleaning your battery terminals, and cable ends. Sometimes my car will start the rolling idle when it needs this.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Have you checked your voltage while the car is running without the fan off and on?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I did clean the terminals because I had the same thoughts, but that failed. Then I reset my idle, because with gas prices the way they are I need to just run 87, so I bumped it back down to 12 degrees of timing. Its still occuring I had to go to class, so i havnt had a chance to recheck the TPS and stuff, my hunch was that without the clutch fan the idle was going to be higher, so the computer is trying to adjust itself, but cant quite get it down consistanly. Im not sure about that now though. Also, it does this whether the fan is on or off, so I no longer think its a voltage issue. i will check voltage tomorrow hopefully, and i ll keep you guys updated, thanks for the ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.