Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work no problems, get I go to turn, I push in the clutch and idle doesnt drop past 2000 rpms. So I pulled over and unplugged IAC and it was at normal idle then, 900-1050rpms. Plug it back in ad it goes back up :headscratch: So I disconnecter pos from battery and in 20 min I'll put it back on. Maybe that'll reset it and fix it....

What do you think caused it? Or why would it be doing that. Do you think TPS could've shifted and that I need to set it again?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sounds like you solved it yourself, bad IAC maybe? Has it repeated the problem since? EDIT: Check the voltage of the TPS while you're at it. Come to think of it if the IAC was bad than the car wouldn't idle on the cold start not once it's warm.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it happend once before (after my H/C/I build) and I unplugged the IAC car almost died and plugged it back in. Problem solved.

I put the power back on a little bit ago and started it up, it dropped like 200 rpms but is still up there. I dont know why i keep thinking but I think it might be TPS. I'm gonna have to check the voltage when I get home.

Now this problem, a bad IAC would do that?

·
Registered
460 Posts
A bad IAC would cause a really rough idle.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I guess I can rule out IAC. Idle is super smooth. Just high.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Gasket isn't split or crushed, is it?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far as I can see, no. I haven't pulled it off yet.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Might wanna check the throttle linkage, my be stuck or sticking. Also check for vac leaks. Clean the IAC just for good measure.

Then run the diagnostic codes from the ECM.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
checked it already, Will do it again, I doubt its a vac leak, if it were, wouldn't the rmps jump around and if anything be lower than this?

I'll have to pick up some IAC gaskets before I clean it. If cleaning it doesnt work, I have my other IAC I could try and put on and see if that does anything.

OH! Forgot to say this, but last night I washed the engine...I covered what needed to be and what not, blew it all off before starting it up. Don't know if that'll change anything:so

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.