Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys me again, It seems I cant keep go a single week without a major issue coming up on this thing so here's the deal now. I fixed the break up issue I talked about before with a new distributor but the car still wont idle. I have an a9l and an sct chip and I'm starting to believe I have a computer problem when you start the car it usually idles very high somewhere around 12-1300. Now if you let it sit the idle will start to surge slowly then gain momentum until it eventually kills the motor. It is also seeming very sluggish and i hope the two problems are related. Now If I pull the spout the idle drops to 900 which is exactly where my tuner set it at for my cammed motor. Fuel pressure seems good its around 36 at idle and 42 at WOT and its no longer breaking up or misfiring. What could be the cause?

·
Registered
682 Posts
The A9l is programmed to have a cold start idle higher than normal and then gently bring it down. It sounds like you have a vacuum leak (surging, sluggish/bad response). Check for leaks and then do a base idle reset.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Reactions: dustin2100

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hooked up my scan tool to it and it says i have a neutral drive switch failure, high a/c input, manual lever position sensor out of range, neutral pressure switch failure, clutch switch failure and a/c clutch switch fault. Now i deleted the a/c in this car so any of those codes make sense?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Code 67 means either the a/c switch is on or the clutch isn't depressed/the car isn't in neutral on a manual car. Doesn't really affect anything. If that's your only code I would definitely start checking all the vacuum lines. The old EGR plastic lines like to crack and the rubber ones underneath the manifold also crack.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The things fully built there is no egr or anything like that the only vacuum lines go to the regulator and the brake booster i checked everywhere for a vacuum leak there is none guaranteed i also reset the idle and it was the hardest thing because the idle continued to surge even with the iac disconnected and it kept wanting to die from it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also the surge isnt consistant sometimes it levels itself out sometimes it gets really violent sometimes you start it and it dies in seconds other times you can let it run for over an hour before it dies it makes no sense

1 - 10 of 10 Posts