Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I just had a couple of quick questions about getting aftermarket underdrive pulleys.

1)first will this affect my super charger(im sure it wont but im not too sure, as in the boost it puts out)

2)what is everyone running and whats the hot setup.

3)my idler wheel seized last night also on the way home looks like it decided bend not sure if its the bracket or the pulleys just messed up,So whats a good idler pulley and bracket or does it really matter?

your opinions will be aprriciated thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i would just get a new idler pully/bracket from the dealer or if you can find a place that sells one cheaper. you should not use underdrive pullies with a supercharger because the larger waterpump pully will slow down your pump and make your car run hotter wich is not good for a supercharger. if you want more boost and can handle it just get a .5" smaller blower pully.. you adjust boost with a supercharger by pully size.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
What brand supercharger were you thinking about getting? I agree about it running hotter, but you could get a crank pulley for it that incorporates an underdrive pulley and the others stay the same. I just can't remember if it's Vortech or Paxton that has that pulley.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i think you can run more boost outa the 302 try getting a .25" (1/4") smaller blower pully to get about 2more psi and about 30more hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.