Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the car out for the first cruise since the new motor. She idles good but when I get moving(around 2,000 rpm to about 3,000) I can hear and feel something. Its a deep hollow sound from the exhaust which makes the car jerk a bit. seems to go away after I get the revs up more. Still kinda taking it easy till I can get a dyno tune/datalogging done/and clutch broke in.

Any ideas?? I'll be taking by my mechanic tommorrow just thought I'd see if anyone could give me some ideas as to wtf it is.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no codes. Threw some injector cleaner in just for kicks. Gonna take the plugs out and inspect and give the coil ons some new dielectric grease...see if that solves anything. Next step...let ford try to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is. I did some datalogs...sure wish i could decipher them things.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea how to figure out the fuel trims. Do I just look at the average??

Also, bought 3 new coils, replaced them all(3 at a time obviously) still same thing happening. Its driving me nuts, just figured I'd get it narrowed down. taking it to ford now so they can run some kind of power test on it????

Incase it isn't the tune, I don't have much time from now till my dyno day(july 5th)...gotta get it figured out.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
took it to ford, they ran a few tests. Everything is cool with the ignition system.

·
Registered
46 Posts
are you still having the problem? It started happening to me too, and soon after it started I threw an o2 code, replaced both fronts today and it drives a lot better, but still jerky especially around 2-3k, no codes. It seems ok at wot. Im running an FAP kit at 9psi with a mafia.. Everything was fine for 2 weeks. aaaaaaaa, I enjoyed the blower way too much...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
checked my plugs, found 2 brown ones. replaced and gaped all plugs smaller from .o35 to .030 One of the brown plugs was .037. Seems to have helped. Going to take it for a rip to double check right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.