Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying this, it sounds like it would help alot when buying a used car. It could diagnose serious problems pretty easily, and could also help tune the car down the road. Any one have any experience with this device? Or anything to say about it? Thanks! :?:

http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid=3&pid=3145

:handball:

G

·
I got mine at Wal-Mart too, it's definitely worth it to not have to count flashes when you're reading codes. They also do cylinder balance tests and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GhostDog 5.0 said:
Yah, thats what I think as well. For that price I think its a win/win.
But to you guys that actully use it, is it as easy as the manual says? Also what do you mean by extension, suspect? If I were to go and check out a used 5.0, and plug it under the hood how long would it take to conduct the tests? If you guys could give a mini review from experience that would rock! :worship
Thanks!

:drink:

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
It takes no more than 3 minutes to pull the codes.

G

·
The extension is just a cable so that you can sit in the drivers seat and use the code reader from there. It doesn't take long at all to use and it's got tons of features. I think other than just regular codes the best thing is the cylinder balance test, which cuts fuel to each cylinder one at a time to test for lack of power from each one. You can use it to test for headgasket leaks and compression tests, it'll all show with the balance test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.