Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...can I use the same tires?

If yes, is it a bad idea to use those same tires, ride-wise?

Forgive the stupid questions I've never bought rims. I'm thinking about buying some GT takeoffs from Ebay.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info delurker.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot to mention, i have the standard 16s and the rims i want are 17s. no problems?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
umm... the GT takeoff come with the tires right? If so then yes you will have no problems, if not you will need to buy new tires.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If your going to put 16's on 17 inch rims can you send pictures when you get them on. I would really like to see that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hell i don't know some tool told me i could do it. i've never bought a set of rims in my life so what would i know?

·
Registered
142 Posts
but... rubber stretches... right? :doh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the ebay GT tires and rims on my V6. They fit fine and it actualy rides better IMO. Even though they are different sizes (16 verse 17) they are exactly the same height. The rim and the rubber are an inch difference but the total height is the same. So it wont effect you speedometer at all. Best price I found on them is with Casco on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-MUSTANG-BULLITT-WHEELS-PIRELLI-TIRES-LIKE-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQitemZ7993983952QQtcZphoto

Its kinda hard at times to get a hold of Mike but he shipped my stuff out lighting fast. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
DW Rutledge said:
...can I use the same tires?

If yes, is it a bad idea to use those same tires, ride-wise?

Forgive the stupid questions I've never bought rims. I'm thinking about buying some GT takeoffs from Ebay.
Wheel size (15", 16", 17" etc) is the diameter of the rim and also the size of the inside of the tire. The two have to be the same. Because of the different profiles of the tires, the outside diameter of the 16" and 17" is close so your speedometer should be OK. The fit on the car should be fine as well since the suspension's are essentially the same. The GT tires are a little wider so they'll have a little better grip. You should be able to get a good price on takeoffs that include the tires.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
1stmustang said:
If your going to put 16's on 17 inch rims can you send pictures when you get them on. I would really like to see that.
Lol :evilchuck

Ya, take a look at that link 525 for stock bullits and NEW tires, you cant beat that. I would buy them up, sell the tires seperate, and put some snows on them bad dogs!

Not sure if you were asking about your tires goin on GT wheels, it wont happen.
Did you find just wheels on ebay? Curious for how much?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I bought a set from casco, fast shipping, excellent quality, just like new. The guy never returned any e-mail though, like tracking numbers or ship date, etc. At this price everyone should have a set.:drink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts