Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be a happy man! Problem is, I don't think there is one. I'm surprised how popular this system is. At WOT, especially in 1st gear, it sounds like a loud, tinny, fart! Volume is great, though!

· Registered
92 Posts
I personally liked the sound of the Roush, but not as much as the GT500s with an offroad x-pipe:bigthumbsup Not raspy at all, just has that hollow growl. The Roush axle-back was straight up discusting with the off-road x-pipe though.

· Registered
298 Posts
Magnaflow, Borla or the Ford Racing Sports. I think those are the best in therms of loudness that's liveable with a daily driver.

· Registered
721 Posts
flowmaster outlaws sound very mean also, im running gt500s at the moment, they sound great but my offroad hpipe should be here next week to help improve the loss of sound that was left from my outlaws

· Registered
298 Posts
flowmaster outlaws sound very mean also, im running gt500s at the moment, they sound great but my offroad hpipe should be here next week to help improve the loss of sound that was left from my outlaws
To me, the outlaws are right there with the Pype Bombs. Incredible drone, not liveable for a daily driver. Great for a weekend toy.

· Registered
721 Posts
To me, the outlaws are right there with the Pype Bombs. Incredible drone, not liveable for a daily driver. Great for a weekend toy.
true, thats why i got rid of them, but my gt500s arent loud enough for me... :( so i had to order an O/R Hpipe:kooky:

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do the outlaws have a raspy WOT?

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GT500's do have a very nice tone, but they're way too quiet. When I saw 50 state noise legal, I should have never bought them.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kooks axle backs
I have the Kooks axlebacks(trying to sell). They sound FANTASTIC, but are definitely not as loud as the Roush.

· Registered
856 Posts
I went with the Roush, mainly because they were about $280 less than the Borla s-types. Almost $800 for two mufflers? No thanks!

In my opinion they sound great.

· Registered
101 Posts
I went with the Roush, mainly because they were about $280 less than the Borla s-types. Almost $800 for two mufflers? No thanks!

Chardon eh? me too have ya seen my GHIG 13 running round town I dont think Ive seen you.

· Registered
92 Posts
sorry to thread jack but where are you guys getting gt500's for a good price, maybe I'm retarded but I cant find them
I bought mine at Tousley Ford. Right down the road from my house.

· Registered
3,712 Posts

I think they're 800 bucks cuz they had to redesign the mufflers a bunch of times to get a drone free muffler this time around. So it's probably reflective of all the R&D that went into it.

· Registered
87 Posts
just get you some Borla ATAK's and you'll never look back!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.