Ford Mustang Forum banner

if you are thinking of lowering . . . .

957 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jlee910 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've never heard any bad on the Steeda springs, but I can't seem to find if they're a stiffer spring or the same rate as factory anywhere. As I'm intending on tracking my car before long, I'd like a stiffer spring rate. Do you know if they're stiffer? If so, how much?

#3 ·
Yes, they are stiffer than the factory springs. I don't exactly recall the numbers, but it is significant -- something like a 300 spring rate for the sports versus 200 for the factory springs.

There are some posts on here about it somewhere, squidd posted if I remember correctly, you might be able to find it with some searching.

I have the Steeda Sports in my car and I think there are a good compromise between improved handling and reasonable comfort on the street. I do run my car on a road course (well, once so far) and they definitely firm up the handling, nose dive reduced, flatter in the corners. I put GT500 sway bars on my car also, so that probably contributes a bit to the flatness.

On the street, they are not bad at all. Personally I like the ride, firm but not "harsh." My passengers -- daughter and wife -- have not complained, so that is a good sign. I asked my daughter if it felt bad and she said she couldn't really notice a difference.

I haven't had any problems with clearance, the streets are pretty bad around here, but I am careful.

For a budget set-up, GT500 shocks and struts are a good match for these springs, and you can find them as take-offs pretty easily at good prices. Often the same person will be selling his old sway bars and you can get a good package deal. IIRC I got the struts, shocks, and sway bars for something like $250 total with only a few thousand miles on them.

#4 ·
I'm looking at replacing mine with GT500 shocks and struts when mine wear out since I'm planning to go with the added weight of a B326 when my motors down for the count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.