Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could go back and do it again, buy another Mustang, wich one would it be? And Im not talking about a 69 BOSS 302, Im saying something recent or a few years old, and one you could afford. Would it be a Stick insted of an Auto, Different Year, Different Color, V6 or a V8 ect...
For me, I like the 2005-2009 Body Style Mustangs, if I could do it again I'd buy a 2007 Mustang GT Premium in Grabber Orange. Im not sure yet weather it's be a Stick or not but that's what I'd like to have parked and babyed in My Garage.
This has been on my mine for awhile, if I could only go back and buy me one......I was'nt impressed with the 2011 V6, oh the Motor yes but not the Body Style, or the 2011 GT......just that 2007 GT Premium in Grabber Orange......Oh So Sweet:bigthumbsup
Now why, I Love My V6 Premium, but I jumped the Gun when I bought it, I was'nt thinking.....they did'nt have a GT in Grabber Orange ( I LOVE THAT COLOR) and the only one they had was a Black One (No Way) so I settled for the V6 in Satin Silver. I Love It but I now want More Power and should have shopped and found a 07 Grabber Orange GT Premium, to me that is One SEXY BEAST and in the Body Style I Love:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I dont know if I could have afforded it but I would have bought a GT500 Vista Blue with white stripes cause I would have not had to mod it all saving much dollars :yup:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
87 Posts
no regrets here
I had $15000 to find a mustang I wanted, and my 06 manual v6 deluxe is the one I wanted. i could have had a v8 with older body style, or an automatic (in maroon yuck), but I love my vista blue fastback and the satisfaction I get rowing my own gears
not to mention the insurace discount and sleeper factor to boot with my cai and tune

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kind of like Fordlover... When I was car shopping I wasn't quite focused on power and performance, I just knew that I liked my mustang when I first saw it and took the opportunity of getting it rather than waiting and looking at others car I just took it. I would have liked to have gotten a GT maybe 06-07 in some sort of gunmetal or tungsten color. Not sure if I would go with auto or manual. It would have been nice just cause it's faster stock! But hey I can't complain I love my car anyway, and I'm enjoying modding my 45th anniversary pony. :gringreen

·
Registered
239 Posts
I love what I have however if I would have found 05-09 dark grey mustang v6 auto or stick first then i would have gotten that. Personally I think dark grey looks the best.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I would have bought a black '09 GT500 with the glass roof & stripe delete. It would have made 2 toning it much easier.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
For me I would like to have a fully restored and operational 1964 in the original Wimbleton White.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think I might have thought more about looking around for a Grabber blue with the black interior. I just couldn't resist waiting though. I test drove my car for the weekend and loved it so much. I thibk if I would have waited someone might have talked me into getting something different like a camaro :scared:

·
Registered
784 Posts
i would have bought a 03/04 terminator seeing as how my car is equal in price. although im very happy with my GT and ill get over a terminator after a whipple install in the future.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Interesting question. I like my car. Not the color I originally looked for, but I do like it. I would like to get a GT500, but I wouldn't be getting rid of my V6. To me, they fulfill 2 different needs and it isn't just horespower. I just always wanted a Carol Shelby original muscle car. My car reminds me of my dad's 67 fastback we had when I was growing up. One thing I would think twice about doing again is beginning to modify it. It's a sickness!!! :winks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I very happy with my choice.

I looked for over 3 months before I finally found mine. Almost pulled the trigger twice before. Once on an 08 Bright red GT with 35K miles, cai/tune and a cowl hood. The other was a 08 GT/CS black on black, black rims, black everything. Looked soooo good when it was shiny, but I knew it wouldn't stay that way without washing it once a day.

Then I stumbled across mine on yahoo autos. 06 GT. It was 5 minutes from my house. White (my favorite color for cars, I think you can see the lines of the car better with white or lighter colors) it was a GT(which was a must at the time), had black stripes which I love. Leather, auto (a must for me! dont know how to drive stick and didnt want to learn on my new stang, thats what rentals are for right?) 30K miles and only $14,995. I test drove it and drove it home about an hour and a half later or so.

I made the right choice. I swear I smile everytime I see it each day. With my few mods, I've made the car much quicker and fun to drive, while keeping good daily drivability and decent fuel MPG.

The only thing I would like to change is the color of the leather. It's a plain grey. I would've loved to have black or red leather. Oh and I wish I had the shaker 1000 instead of 500. And I wish it had chrome rims instead of the silver. But these are minor. I'm happy.

GT500s are too much money and I dont think they come in auto, but I may be wrong. I just have never seen one for sale with an auto. Maybe in a few years I'll try for one, or the new 5.0 used with low miles.

Hey with your low miles and showroom shape, you'd probably get a nice trade! Go get your orange GT, Ron. You'll love it! Or will you not buy used? Knowing you, probably not, unless you found one that was kept up to your standards, which isn't likely to happen:laugh:

-Chris

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I looked for over 3 months before I finally found mine. Almost pulled the trigger twice before. Once on an 08 Bright red GT with 35K miles, cai/tune and a cowl hood. The other was a 08 GT/CS black on black, black rims, black everything. Looked soooo good when it was shiny, but I knew it wouldn't stay that way without washing it once a day.

Then I stumbled across mine on yahoo autos. 06 GT. It was 5 minutes from my house. White (my favorite color for cars, I think you can see the lines of the car better with white or lighter colors) it was a GT(which was a must at the time), had black stripes which I love. Leather, auto (a must for me! dont know how to drive stick and didnt want to learn on my new stang, thats what rentals are for right?) 30K miles and only $14,995. I test drove it and drove it home about an hour and a half later or so.

I made the right choice. I swear I smile everytime I see it each day. With my few mods, I've made the car much quicker and fun to drive, while keeping good daily drivability and decent fuel MPG.

The only thing I would like to change is the color of the leather. It's a plain grey. I would've loved to have black or red leather. Oh and I wish I had the shaker 1000 instead of 500. And I wish it had chrome rims instead of the silver. But these are minor. I'm happy.

GT500s are too much money and I dont think they come in auto, but I may be wrong. I just have never seen one for sale with an auto. Maybe in a few years I'll try for one, or the new 5.0 used with low miles.

Hey with your low miles and showroom shape, you'd probably get a nice trade! Go get your orange GT, Ron. You'll love it! Or will you not buy used? Knowing you, probably not, unless you found one that was kept up to your standards, which isn't likely to happen:laugh:

-Chris
Chris your right I would'nt be Happy with a Used one. I actually had the chance to buy a used Grabber Orange 07 GT Premium from a Buddy of mine back in 08. He had 28,000 miles on it and wanted $16,900 for it......I wanted it bad but it just was'nt how I wanted it taken care of, if you know how I am:gringreen He traded it in not long after that and the Dealer Sold it the same day for $20K

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

-Chris
Chris your right I would'nt be Happy with a Used one. I actually had the chance to buy a used Grabber Orange 07 GT Premium from a Buddy of mine back in 08. He had 28,000 miles on it and wanted $16,900 for it......I wanted it bad but it just was'nt how I wanted it taken care of, if you know how I am:gringreen He traded it in not long after that and the Dealer Sold it the same day for $20K
As for Trading in mine I looked into it, the Dealer I bought it from offered me $12,900, that was last Spring when it had about 6,000 miles on it. I was Shocked, I still owed more than that on it. No way was I gonna take a Trade for that Price.
I've taken too good of care of it reguardless of what the Book say's it's worth, it's worth more to me and for that price I'll keep it. Someday when I decide to sell it I'll make someone a Happy Stang Owner. Im not gonna go through it, but looking at it, inside, underneath and out you's swear it was Brand New and just rolled off the Showroom Floor. Hard to Believe I know but that's how it looks after being almost 4 Years Old.
The longer I have it, the more I Love It, and in 2 more years it'll be Paid for and to me I'll have a Brand New Mustang with about 12K on it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I got the one I wanted for what I could afford. I narrowed it to three. I was able to get the dealer down in price. My 2nd choice was an automatic. WHEW! Never would have been content. My kids would have loved it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I would have got.....

(drum roll please!)

ready?

MY CAR!!
It is perfect, wouldn't change anything about it from the factory....mods are a different story though!

I swear after 3.5 years and 39,xxx miles I love the car the same, if not more than the day I drove it home....and it looks and drives a whole lot better than that too!!

haha I love my car!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm with you TeeBee, got the exact car I wanted. White GT with red leather and stick.

Felt I got a good deal on it, $22,400 out the door in Jan 07. Had never been sold and only had 1022 miles on it.

Never gonna get rid of it....still excites me after 4 and a half years. :kooky:

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
No mistake about it, I love my '05 coupe. However, had it been available in '05 I would have gotten the California special in a convertible or with a Glass Back roof and Nav system at least.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts