Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Given my limited financial resources I'm quite happy to stick with my 2004 Acura TL as my only four door vehicle. My other three vehicles (four if you count the not yet built Mustang) are two door, and only one (my '99 Solara) has a usable back seat.

The TL and two of my other toys pictured:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cobb tuned STI
Something that will go fast on road and off.
I actually seriously considered this before deciding on a new 5.0
of course I would pick the 4 door over the hatch.
My second choice would be a 4 door SVT Raptor.

·
Registered
420 Posts
In the real world, I almost bought a M37X before I settled on the Mustang. If money were no object I'd get a Lingenfelter CTS-V done to the gills :)

·
Registered
113 Posts

2012 JGCSRT8
6.4L 500hp

Seen 07-10's running high 12's with just a tune. Had my a$$ handed to me at the track by one when I had my 07 TBSS.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cadillac CTS-V with automatic.

·
Registered
616 Posts
good to know I'm not the only guy wanting a Ford Falcon. Those Aussies have all the fun!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well this is what I got....

....and this is exactly the model I have except it's in Harbor Gray. There was no way I was going to use my 2011 Mustang as a daily driver. Not to mention I had become disenfranchised with my previous daily driver (2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS, no power, no USB, no sustainable options plus it didn't quite feel the same after it got rear ended from the front) so I traded it in for the 2011.. I wanted something that has pep but could be economical on the road since I drive about 70 miles round trip daily for work and the Sonata fits the bill. With the warmer weather I'm getting about 630 miles per tank in the Sonata and 35+ mpg according to the trip computer and yes I know it's "not an accurate gauge of true mpg". The only thing I would have done different would be waiting for the turbo model to come out, but my 200hp 2.4L n/a Sonata SE has a peppiness similar to the my '06 v6 Mustang (when I had it) but without the Magnaflow exhaust on the end.

The only real disappointment with it is navigation can only be updated through a dealer and they are wanting $300 to do something that will only take 45 minutes to an hour. The second thing is that now the car has been broken in, I've found the ride to be a little stiffer that I would like. Especially on roads less than perfectly paved. I'm feeling more jolts in the Sonata than I am in the Mustang. Then again, it could be the tires as the tires on the Sonata are low profile/low rolling resistant.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My four door vehicle is my Family Hauling 2000 Ford Excursion Limited with a 6.8L v10 automatic 4x4. I also drive an 01 Ranger 4x4 and a 90 Bronco 4x4. But I love my 2011 5.0

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ford Taurus or Toyota Camery with real low APR like 0%

Cheap would be Ford Focus or Honda Civic . The USA made look great ( plenty of choices and power! Ford = 40+ MPG
Made in USA only my moms 09 Accord made in Japan paint job sucks. The USA made accords paint isn't flaking off every where.

·
Registered
585 Posts
2003 E39 M5 if I could find one with low miles and hopefully not beaten to a pulp...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of having a daily driver that's more powerful than your weekend/fair weather/cruiser vehicle unless said vehicle is a true classic car. I just couldn't see my myself having a v6 or a v8 Mustang as a fair weather car and use something like a BMW M5, or Mercedes E63 AMG sedan as a daily driver. I would be consumed with having that kind of power all the time at my disposal that anything else would just feel like a let down. For me things just have to be kept in perspective. If my daily driver is pushing 400hp, then my cruiser or "fun" car had better be more power and exciting than my daily driver.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.