Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its about 10pm and I decided to go BK because I was a little hungry. As I pull up theres two fox bodys parked in the parking lot with two guys hanging around. I had seen one of the cars before but never met the owner. I pull up and they both come over and say nice notch this and that. I asked the kid what he has done to his car..... his answer? EVERYTHING.... hmmm. I ask im whats everything? Oh you know ive got edelbrock heads a E303 and a Exploder intake....... First off thats the weakest set up ever next i ask what do u think your making for power ehh around 270 280 at the flywheel? Nope im making 400-430. That just ended it for me right there. I just chuckled and from there the BS just got thicker and thicker. I was just so surprised, I was waiting for him to crack a smile but nope he was dead serious....

Unbeleivable what people think there making for power hahah. oh and on top of it apparently he did a wheelie with it lmao

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oucchhh....... lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea and his cheesy stickers BBK and MSD stickers on his door were worth at least 50 of that 400hp lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
hey with the mods in my sig, my car makes about 300 by that math, i like ricer math, it makes my car look better

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea imagine if he put a blower on top of that crazy set up he has? wow maybe like 750+

·
Registered
233 Posts
i think what happens is that people add up these numbers from the books they order parts from. when it says "up to 15 hp" when its actually like 3 hp. Im more of a humble person. I like to go by the lowest possible gain i could have. that way i can only go higher not lower.

·
Registered
575 Posts
sounds like about half of our posters......
I take offense to that. My mustang runs 10's in the quarter with e7 heads and a stock intake. :kooky:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I take offense to that. My mustang runs 10's in the quarter with e7 heads and a stock intake. :kooky:
Well, damn then, I must be running 8's with my Explorer intake and PA Performance 3G alternator!! Don't mess with me! :laugh:

...sounds like about half or our posters.
I wonder which half I'm in?? :scratchchin

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
My Ford Racing wire set gave me 10 Hp right out of the box and 1 second off in the 1/4 :grinroll:

I also run synthetic oil so you may want to think twice about a street challenge:laugh:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think its pitiful when people take what ever car they have, and have a shop (they cant even do it themselves lol) install a $300+ intake on there car and then plaster the outside of the car with tons of K&N stickers and think they can beat anyone in a race + actually think they have knowledge of cars lol Its just sad.

·
Registered
428 Posts
did you ask him where he got his heads, intake and cam?...i could really use a 230 horse boost :nogrinner

·
Registered
269 Posts
did you ask him where he got his heads, intake and cam?...i could really use a 230 horse boost :nogrinner
When you find out let me know!?!?!?!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts