Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 GT automatic dyno'd at 210rwhp and 265rwtq. It ran the 1/4 in 14.62-14.69sec/94.3-94.9mph w/2.18-2.25s 60' very consistent four passes in a row. Its factory stock including air silencer, motorcraft paper element, tires, the works. It weighs 3320lbs with a 1/4 tank of fuel. I've only ever run 87 octane in it. What are the proven upgrades that will give me the honest increase at the wheels to run mid to high 13s at about 100-101mph w/o lightening the car. I'm certain 4.10s and ET Streets will get me 3-4 tenths. We have a good track at just about sea level with great air. If you have a 2V auto and have dyno #'s or time slips to advise on what works and what doesn't I'd appreciate your input. I'm hoping to stay away from nitrous this time since I just want an everyday useable torque curve. An expensive supercharger is out of the question for me.

Steve

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Exhaust mods will give you power, so will opening up the intake. Just about anything along those lines will give you some power, especially if you remove a set of cats. K&N FIPK for the intake is a good choice. So is a JLT CAI, I'll have dyno numbers on the improvement of the JLT over Mac as soon as I get mine done. Underdrive pulleys also are proven to be a good power choice. Gears will do you some good too. 3.73 or all the way to 4.10 are a good choice for a daily driver.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you have the extra money open up the intake & exhaust then throw a set of cams in it. Start with a good CAI, throttle body/plenum, headers,hi-flow x-pipe,catback exhaust, shift kit, stall torque converter then throw a set of VT stage II cams or a set of Comp Cams XE262AH or XE270AH with the right valve springs. After that is done have it properly tuned on a dyno. Then all you need is to have a set of gears and drag radials. You should be running mid to low 13's if you can get it to hook. I have a buddy with basicly a stock 90's 5.0 that takes off so hard that he shut the fuel pump off and has to reset it. The motor is stock and it has a set of gears & slicks. He runs low 13's without a problem. With your car having more power, you should not have a problem reaching your goal.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
gears, tires, JMod or shift kit, K&N, 1/2" intake plenum spacer, move battery to trunk, undo front sway bar ends at track. run 38-40lbs of air in front tires at track, experiment w/rear tire pressure, look at underdrive pullies. Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I would have did the PI swap first instead of all the little crap that don't add up to squat. Or found a 94-95 and did a H/C/I combo.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
A Stall and 4.10`s , and your in the 13`s ,

Do you have a vert or a coupe ? I would think you would be running faster then 14.6 at sea level if you had a stock coupe !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a coupe. Full load 3320 w/o driver. 3500 w/driver. I'm used to running ET Streets only and find I have to launch soft with these stock Goodyear radials to keep from spinning in the traction compound. Hence the 2.2s 60's. But 95mph trap indicates there ain't much more left there anyway. I was thinking a 4.30 rear but what stall converter if everything else is stock? What kind of device do I need to bring my speedo back to calibration once the gears go in?

Steve

G

·
I torque converter for sure. I drove a 98 with almost the same mods as mine, heavier because it was a vert, and 3.08 gears to my 3.27s. One thing he had different was a 3800 stall and MAN did it make a difference. Add one of those, sticky tires, a jmod and a tune and u should hit 13's easilly. After i get some 4.30s ill get a convertor one day. The jmod and tune for the line pressure makes the 4r70w mucvh moer fun to drive.

G

·
ran260gt said:
A Stall and 4.10`s , and your in the 13`s ,

Do you have a vert or a coupe ? I would think you would be running faster then 14.6 at sea level if you had a stock coupe !

You must have a factory freak! lol. Not saying u didnt run it but thats real good times for a stock auto. You should be happy! lol. Most of the stock 99+ autos i seen run 14.3-14.6

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 99mph trap speed indicated by ran260gt's profile shows he's making more power than me.

I read a road test in MM&FF where they managed a 14.09-14.18 with an auto 2004 GT. They trapped like 96mph. It wasn't mentioned what 60s' they got but I'd figure 2.0s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.