Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iginition problems no spark from coil there is power too coil.

All i have done so far is replace the coil and check all the linkable fuses there around the coil.Iam not understand the ford book for the car its vague information too me.Just basic info and does not go into depth on this subject.

Car is a 87gt 5.0 5 speed

I done alot of Mods on this car.But i had it running and idleing good on the stock coil.When i hooked up the MSD ign it fried the stock coil and my MSD ign.I probley had it hook up wrong.But i dont see how cause i have the aftermarket wireing harness for it and all the wires go too the same color,I followed the wireing directions.I know i did something wrong cause it was working fine.And i dont want to start changing out good parts and wasteing money like i normally do.

So i do have good power going too the coil just no spark.Even put a meter on the coil and jumped the starter silionded and nothing.Also something else i noticed was when i turn the dizzy with key on the fuel pump didnt come on.When you turn the key on you can here the fuel pump for a few secs.The fuses in the car were all still good.I dont know were the ones under the hood are.The MSD coil I have on it now is new.I got a new 6al but havent hooked it up yet waiting too get this worked out first

The only mod I done electrically was went too Massflow.I used EEC pins and soder.Even with it done car idled fine and reved good till i hook up the MSD ign.

I can mess up good some times.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
have you checked\replaced the eec relay? theres another relay under the hood thats known to go out.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Are you sure it's the coil and not the ignition switch or solenoid?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the MSD fried the TFI moudle.I had an extra one change it out and it fired right up..thanks again.I searched after i posted and there is tons of people on here thats had the same problem.
thanks again

Oh and the Twin turbos sound like a jet is so damn cool I hope that Tuesday i can head too the Dyno.

·
Registered
558 Posts
have you check the module that goes on the distributor?,
if that module doesn't work, then you won't have spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.