Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new SVO owner. I purchased an 84 comp prepped slapper bar car with an 86 wing set and 86 engine and a 88 turbocoupe intercooler.
Here is the deal, I drive the car for about a mile, she warms up and starts to lose cylinders, until she stalls out under any load. I wait 5 minutes the first time and she's off again. I wait 10 minutes the second time and then half an hour. I have changed the plugs and wires fuel filter and TFI module. ANY Ideas are welcome...Oh yeah, the car has an 18 inch dump pipe off the turbo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hondahunter93 said:
you need back pressure, get a muffler or glasspack on there
Backpessure plays no role with the turbo cars. Ask any Turboford.org member about their 3" setups and lack of mufflers at all... even mine...

The Problem with the Ignition if you swapped out the TFI, Ignition Wires, Plugs, Cap and Rotor... could be the PIP in the dizzy, or even your fuel pressure... but give a rundown of all the equipment your car is running as all extas may play a big role in this as well.

Check your base Fuel Pressure... maybe your secondary fuel pump is shot. or maybe the wiring is bad... A have seen these problems arise on stock XR4's, T-Bird TC's and SVO's. But it could be as easy as Timing too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Com'on man quit giving a link to those a holes at that site.

What the heck is "comp prepped slapper bar car, and PIP in the dizzy" ?

First off when self diagnosing something and replacing parts that did not help, makes it harder to find the problem, so lets put the old part back on, minus the plugs and wires.

Next, check the timing, then check fuel pressure, at this time, I would just add a fuel pressure gauge since you have to buy one anyways, might as well leave it in the system.

Engines run they need fuel and clean air.

·
Registered
69 Posts
lawngodfather said:
Com'on man quit giving a link to those a holes at that site."
LMAO... Didnt Know some Had Hard Feelings with Turboford.org Members... I am a Member of "Turboford.org, SOMO, MerkurSport, and of course AFM"

lawngodfather said:
What the heck is a "PIP in the dizzy"
It is the pick up coil in the base of the Distributor (Dizzy)... PIP is the Abbr. of the actual part.

·
Registered
33 Posts
PIP to me stands for Picture in a Picture like the TV.

So wouldn't that be a P-U-C puc......lets play hockey

·
Registered
69 Posts
lawngodfather said:
PIP to me stands for Picture in a Picture like the TV.

So wouldn't that be a P-U-C puc......lets play hockey
LMAO... When can we play a Game... I'm up to it... LOL :kooky: :kooky: :kooky:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.