Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so pissed off right now. I was up for a promotion at my job at titlemax, ive been here for a year now. Well they promoted the guy thats only been with the company for a few months instead of me. I was stepped over, its complete bs. Im about to call it a day and get up out of here but im thinking about my wife and son. I was told i was gonna get it and now they tell me this. They said what helped him was his previous managment experience, funny thing is i also have a few years of management experience that they know about, im also bilingual which is a big help here cause i deal with all the hispanics in my store and some other stores. I feel i got played big time and im not gonna stand for it. Either way, i know the job and im good at what i do, management experience shouldnt have anything to do with it. So this is my rant......... Its all bs.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Stay at your job and look for something better. If you do find another one, maybe work there. If you've been there longer and have management skills, also you can speak more than one language...sounds like that guy is a a$$ kisser or friends with the manager.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
as long as you work for someone else you will never realize your potential...thank God I got fired from my sales job 8 years ago(not that it was the first time), started my own business and never looked back...and yeah, I started with literally ZERO money and before anyone ever heard of a gov't bailout...hard work is the only thing that pays off in the long run and it better be in your own enterprise.

·
Registered
806 Posts
just stick it out alot of people dont have jobs right now. its easy to quit a job but its hard to find one. when i worked at this hotel a year ago we went through 7 sets of management(agm and gm and district) because they all had "expierence" but couldnt figure out how to do there job in this work enviroment. I was there for about 2 years and never once was i offered the AGM position. I waited and kept searching for other jobs and now im a regional operations manager for a property management company. I gave the hotel my two weeks notice and the last day i was there i clocked out and looked my gm and agm in the eye and told them to kick my a$$ and have a great day. :gringreen

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know things are tough out there right now and i love this job, well let me rephrase, i loved this job. i hate being here so badly now. i dont even say anything to anyone here now unless it has to do with the job. im obviously just here to do my job, collect a paycheck and go home. other than that im just keeping to myself now. funny thing is, i sent an email to my district manager about this problem and havent heard anything from her. so much for trying to fix a problem in the company with one of the staff. isnt that part of her job? what the hell is she doing?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
let me advise you my friend, the "tail never wags the dog", you make too much commotion and you will be the one getting the boot, when you work for someone else you are merely a profit center...I know alot of business owners and the number one biatch is always their employees and their poor attitudes, they usually want to fire most of them so take heed...hate the job, but embrace the opportunity...and look for something else.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well honestly thats not really the case here. ive always, from day one, had a positive attitude here and have never had one issue til now. the email i sent the dm wasnt going off, it merely stated the situation and how i wasnt liking it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
red99..always have an ace in the hole! have a job ready for you when you walk out on this one. that 2-3 week lull in between could really put you in a bind!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh trust me i know. thats why im still here sucking it up for now. i just come in do my job and go home, other than that i only speak when spoken to or if it has to do with work. i just keep to myself now.

·
Registered
806 Posts
oh trust me i know. thats why im still here sucking it up for now. i just come in do my job and go home, other than that i only speak when spoken to or if it has to do with work. i just keep to myself now.
dont wear your heart on your shoulder. show them it doesnt affect you.

·
Registered
640 Posts
yeah, don't rock the boat man. i wouldn't contact that chick again about your situation cause for all you know, she may have put the word out that your upset about that promotion to your immediate supervisors. you do have options though.

do what your doing and just keep to yourself, it's obvious they don't value what you bring to say you have the promotion, yet snuff you from behind and give it to a new guy.

look for an employer that will treat you better, which you are doing

and if you really want to leave there, just make them fire you versus quitting, that way you will get unemployment.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
the best employer you'll ever have is yourself...live the dream and figure out a way to work for yourself...I do, it's a vacation every day

·
Registered
549 Posts
i know what it's like to be stepped over. not as bad as someone else getting a promotion, though. recently they started training for a different position within the company. One of the things i was excited for was to get weekends off (saturdays working in an insurance company call center is not fun).

I was pretty much promised weekends off, i too have been there over a year. but some guy who's literally been there for a couple months got the weekends off, and not me. my main problem with this is 2 day off in a row really give you a chance to relax, which is needed because this is a stressful job (mostly the company's fault with certain policies, and not putting any money into this hard to use system.)

right now in training, we have weekends of, and i'm a completely different, relaxed person. i'm actually thinking about starting my own business fixing computers, just trying too figure out how to get started...

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Strangely enough I got started when I got fired, the sales people are always the first to go when a company starts to sink...with no Obama nonsense it was sink or swim...I swam like crazy...worked 12 hours a days 7 days a week for about 2 years...that's what it takes to make it, is it worth it? Hell yeah, now it's only 12hours a day 6 days a week and 4 hours on Sunday, but when it's your baby you don't care and all the profit is yours..good luck, go for it, it's worth the price, I would never have all the toys in my profile if I was still a working stiff...
btw, the way you get started is just to walk into thousands of businesses and ask for work...you'll be stunned at how much work is out there for those that really want to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts