Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V6 Mustang Coup 5 Speed Manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an old geezer who just bought his first Mustang. It's a 2007 Coupe with V6 and 5 speed Manual Tran.

It's kind of unique in that it has a Decepticon logo on the center of the hood.

I'm just here looking for any information that might help me acclimate to this vehicle. Any known problems etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,267 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.

We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Administrator
8,861 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
10,564 Posts
Welcome to AFM, it's great to have you!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
That decal was likely put on there by some teenager or early 20 something. Those used to be popular amongst the teens back during the Transformer movie craze years ago.
Like said above the cowl getting clogged is a big issue on these 2005 and up S197 Mustangs. Check it out and give it a cleaning if necessary.
Hopefully, there is no aftermarket tune on your car as that could complicate things if it needs work at a shop/dealer. The 4.0L v6 is a pretty reliable engine just don't try to race anybody with it.
The S197 is a great generation of Mustang though. Very comfortable and great looking cars.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
Welcome to the site !!

·
Super Moderator
8,287 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

The 2007 had most bugs worked out from 2005 when the original S197 body style with the 4.0 came out. Seems like hundrefs of thousands of 4.0 engines were produced for the Explorer, Ranger and Mustang. Good engine, just obsolete as manual steering today.

The clutch can be a bit stiff in the early model years of the S197 4.0. If it hasn't been replaced by now I would be surprised.

The only other issue beside the water intrusion from clogged cowl drains is the phenolic thermostat housing has a tendency to crack. Easy replacement and they make an aftermarket aluminum housing as well. And with everything else over time you might need an alternator or battery.

Simlple maintenance on schedule will give you many years and miles of enjoyment on the road.

Where did you find this car? Friend, family, sales advertisement? In a way I wish I still had my 2006 V6

·
Headquarters
284 Posts
I'm an old geezer who just bought his first Mustang. It's a 2007 Coupe with V6 and 5 speed Manual Tran.

It's kind of unique in that it has a Decepticon logo on the center of the hood.

I'm just here looking for any information that might help me acclimate to this vehicle. Any known problems etc.

View attachment 781139
Welcome! You're never too old to enjoy driving a Mustang!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts