Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing the SLP line lock kit and while I got it all hooked up, I'm a bit confused about bleeding the brakes. The instructions say to disconnect the rear brake line to bleed the brakes. I undid the drivers side in the back, had someone pump the brake until it got "spongy", then I just let it hang. There was still a little bit in the reservoir, but I cleaned that up when I undid the line.

On to refilling with new fluid. This is where I'm confused. I have the pdf files from in the tech section, but one is corrupted and doens't work. I had a buddy keep pumping, but the brakes never got tight. There aren't any leaks where I undid lines; I ran my hand over all of them.

How do I do this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
To bleed your brakes:
1) fill reservoir
2) go to rear passenger side and connect bleeder, have someone pump brakes 3 times and then hold down. Bleed brake until pedal goes to the floor. Keep doing this until you get a solid stream of fluid out. Watch the reservoir every 3 to 4 times to make sure that it stays full.
3) go to drivers rear and do the exact same thing.
4) go to passenger front and do same thing.
5) go to drivers side and do same thing.

6) finally check reservoir when done and you should be good. As always check brakes before actually going somewhere to make sure that you don't have any leaks and that they work. Your brakes should not feel spongy when you are done.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joel
What are you doing ?????? with the rears.
That's what their instructions said.

I should have paid someone for this one. I don't like messing with the brakes.

So I just undo the line, pump and hold until a solid stream comes out and reconnect?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts

So I just undo the line, pump and hold until a solid stream comes out and reconnect?
Are you talking about the front?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Well you need to connect all the lines back up. Fill the master cyl. and start in the right rear and bleed the air out and then move over to the left rear. Then move to the front and the right front and then the left last. always making sure the master cyl doesn't get low. Take you time and use a small hose and cup to catch the used fluid and do not re use. I understand your not suppose to use a pressure bleeder on ABS systems.

You can open the pdf on line to read it if your isn't working.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

You will not be able to bleed with a line loose or disconnected. Start at rear, pump pedal 5 times and then crack open the bleeder until no more fluid comes out, and then tighten bleeder back up before releasing the pedal. Repeat until all air is out of that line, and go to the other side and repeat. Check the resevoir often and refill when it gets low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.