Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for pointers on how to make my satin silver shine, especially under the hood. No engine mods as yet, so we'll just work on making it clean and sparkly. I've heard to use Q-tips or a screwdriver with a damp rag on the tip, to get in the crannies. Anyone tried using Simple Green yet, to help keep the dirt away?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Simple green is a DEGREASER! Don't do that. Ouch!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh! yuou said Under the hood! Then a degreaser might work but It will still eat at the paint and hoses, use as little as possible.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use my air compressor to blast dust and dirt from the crevices in the engine bay.

Take a bunch of pics!! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
mallorysmom said:
I'm looking for pointers on how to make my satin silver shine, especially under the hood. No engine mods as yet, so we'll just work on making it clean and sparkly. I've heard to use Q-tips or a screwdriver with a damp rag on the tip, to get in the crannies. Anyone tried using Simple Green yet, to help keep the dirt away?
I use Simple Green in the engine compartment of my Jeep a lot. Just be sure to rinse it *all* off, or it keeps on eating whatever its on. And you'll smell very GREEN when you first get the engine warm if you don't rinse good.:p I put a Walmart bag or other plastic over the alternator and the air intake to keep water out. Not sure what all doesn't need to get wet on the Stang, never washed it under the hood yet.
Good luck and take some pix! :clap

·
Registered
100 Posts
The best way is to use Spray Nine, and air compressor and a nozzle that can suck the fluid out of the spray nine bottle at use the compressor to blow the fluid at a High rate of speed to get all the gunk off. It will not hurt anything. Watch around the spark plug areas (you know, fluids....ignition, don't mix). Wash off with a hose when you are done. OR, if you want to bootleg it, use WD-40. It shines the shiot out of everything. But, your car is so new and clean, it won't be hard to keep it clean. If you want to go into HUGE detail, use Armoral for tires on the hoses. WD-40 is the easiest and fastest way. But to get large clumps of dirt and goo, Spray Nine with a compressor.

I used to enter my old Civic in shows and won a few, and won 1st place at Nopi with my dad's Viper. Clean it up the night before, when you get to the show, touch up the dirty spots. MOST judges look for behind the wheel cleanliness. Anyone can wash their car, but true show people, pull their wheels off and clean behind the spokes. Major tip there. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts