Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so the mailman has been checking progress on my 67 Coupe as I've been restoring it for the past 3 years and he's a big classic car buff. Anyway, the other day he walks by and my dad happens to be outside and he says to my dad, "How's the car comin?" My dad said, "Well, it's gettin painted right now, but he's got the motor built for it and everything." The mailman replied, "Oh yeah? What kinda motor?" My dad told him "289". The mailman says, "Oh yeah? I've got a 390 at home you can have." So my dad says, "How much?" The mailman said, "No, you misunderstand me, you can HAVE it."

OH YEEEEAH!!! Now just gotta find me a 68 Fastback and I'll be the next Bullitt. :laughlitt

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hate you. :tongue :evillol: :gringreen (Grats! :))

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Now if I could just get the bodyman to finish the damn paint job so that I can finish the rest of my car!! :anianger: My car is sucking the life from me and it should be done by now but the bodyman is taking his sweet-ass time.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm moving to Peoria then...what's his name and his mail route? I'm gonna go postal on you!

That's awesome, my mailman..eh mailwoman drives an old plymouth Reliant K and just hangs out the window. She probably has a 1.9L 4 banger I can have woo..hoo!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, there're probably some people in the Mustang II forums who would find that engine an improvement! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Some people think the ol FE motors are boat anchors and nothing more, but come on man, they're classic motors none the less, and for havin fun on the street, they're plenty of power. I mean, look at Steve McQueen, he looked perfectly happy with that 390-equipped GT.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was talkin' 'bout fastbck65's 4-banger. ;):naughty

Your shiny new 390 owns hands-down. No-one here's gonna argue with that. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.