Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, color me guilty.

Here's a link to the car, and yes, I thought I got a great deal on it. $27,071 base cost, $28,278 drive out. I had the $1500 rebate plus another $750 Ford coupon that helped out.

2013 Ford Mustang - Champion Houston - Houston area - Houston, Texas

Here is the window sticker, it's a totally base car with only the 3.73 gear.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ZVBP8CF5D5251234

If I want to add new rims, etc., I will do it myself. I could have gotten a premium for $31,750 drive out, but instead of getting the bells and whistles of the premium, I will buy some 'fun' stuff for when I take the car to the track. Fun at the track is more important to me than the extras on the premium, so in this context, I got exactly the car I wanted.

I pick up the car Tuesday and will post some pictures then.

Back in the Ford family after being away since my last Mustang 5.0 in 1989.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nice steal man!
If i may ask where did u get the coupon from?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice steal man!
If i may ask where did u get the coupon from?
I think I sent Ford a request on their website asking for a brochure and they sent me a regular Mustang brochure and later another brochure with the $750 coupon on the back cover.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That was all I wanted on my manual 2011 was the 3:73 gear and that is what I got. Nice find. DIB is an awesome color. My only regret was I couldn't find what I wanted in Grabber Blue.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Very happy for you, it seems like it was a steal...

But you know the deal....

Hahaha, we will be waiting on Tuesday :winks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good deal, now drive it like you stole it.:winks
No doubt about it.

I turn 58 on Monday and I work for a major utility company in the Houston area, which means I drive a company truck. I'm very careful on the streets............however............

Royal Purple Raceway (Houston Raceway Park) is a wonderful place to run between late October and April. The track is right at sea level and the track usually has great prep. I will be there during those months, but I will need to practically start over when it comes to racing. I'm so geared to racing Pontiacs and Chevy automatics (2009 G8 GXP, 2005 GTO, and 2009 Corvette coupe), and I'm comfortable racing with the LS series of engines that I will have to start over.

I've not raced a Ford before, not only that, but I've not driven a manual in about 16 years.

The LS engines don't like being raced over 180 degrees and most anything over that is basically beating the engine. I don't know if the Ford engines react like this. With the Pontiacs I used 05 GTO wheels and Nitto NT05R drag radials. On some of the Ford sites, I'm reading about people using x inch tall tires. This is something I need to search and learn.

Where I could write a racing 101 for GM cars that would really help out a newbie, I need to search a racing 101 for the Mustangs.

·
Registered
724 Posts
great price, i paid that a year ago for my base auto gt. got it from joe myers, and welcome back :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yep welcome back! Evans makes a coolant for racing you might research.
I use Redline "Wetter Water" 2 bottles in my radiator for street use. Nitto
tires are made in U.S.A. Enjoy your new pony!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Congrats! ...and, Happy Birthday...on Monday!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Congratulations from a younger goat on an awesome car. Almost as good lookin' as mine.

Shifting tip for this 6spd w/narrow gates; let the strong centering work for you on the 2-3 shift as opposed to trying to 'find' 3rd by moving the shifter up, over and up. I use an open grip here and barely pause while shifter centers before continuing my push forward into 3. This will negate the inherent issues caused by torque twist and the way the shifter's mounted to the transmission. I never miss a shift and have no problems with this MT-82 or it's stock shifter.

I pull back to 4 w/an open grip as well as I'll otherwise have a tendency to pull the shifter towards my body.

Don't forget to appropriately counter that spring when shifting into and within either of the outside pairs of gates (downshifting from 6 to 3 when you want 5 will get your attention).

Also, my clutch pedal likes to be fully depressed.

1-2 can be notchy until warm. I either double pump the clutch pedal, let the shifter spring to center before pulling back to 2 or just start out in 2nd until warm.

Curious why you got rid of the Vette.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Curious why you got rid of the Vette.
That's a great question and I use the ritalin method to answer.

Jealousy from some family members who felt entitled to money because we were the 'rich' family members who drove a Vette. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and tell me to tell those family members to shove it, but in reality it isn't that easy.

Around this time the Pontiac G8 GXP came out and I saw a stryker blue one and fell immediately in love. This car came with a 415 hp LS3 and I made several bone stock runs in the 12.9's. It was a bad azz ride.

I owned the Vette for 9 months and the deal I made when I bought it was so good, that when I traded it for the G8 GXP, I actually made $2,000 on the Vette for a down payment on the GXP.

The GXP is gone now, but not really missed. I bought the car in May or June of 2009 for $40,000 and sold it 3 years and 2 months later for $31,000. It's amazing how much value the car held. Basically I drove the car for 3 years and 2 months for $9,000.

Here is the GXP in all her glory.

.......and here is the Vette in all her glory.

Pretty soon, I will have pictures of our new pony, hopefully in all her glory......and it's something I'm anxiously waiting for.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Who did you purchase from at Champion? I got the same deal and same car in performance white about 2 months ago.

Beware they are going to annoy the **** out of you to do their little survey.
And after completing this they started calling and asking me to write a review on cars.com..... I want them to lose my number lol.....they took care of me because I knew what I was doing, but when I go to McDonalds I dont expect honestly 10+ phone calls to do some bull **** surveys.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who did you purchase from at Champion? I got the same deal and same car in performance white about 2 months ago.

Beware they are going to annoy the **** out of you to do their little survey.
And after completing this they started calling and asking me to write a review on cars.com..... I want them to lose my number lol.....they took care of me because I knew what I was doing, but when I go to McDonalds I dont expect honestly 10+ phone calls to do some bull **** surveys.
I bought the car from Will Guidry at the Gulf Fwy. location. I was put on him when I did some sort of online thing to get the best price quote on a car. I think he is the internet manager or internet liaison when people are asking for quotes online.

I informed Will that I was very computer literate and that I was on several different Mustang forums. I told him in a very nice manner that he would get a truthful review, good or bad.

I won't take delivery until Tuesday, but all the papers are signed, all they need from me is my check. Due to being a 41 year diabetic, my wife will need to get false teeth as the diabetes has done a number on her teeth and gums, and at this time she has several exposed nerves. We need to find out whether medical (we hope) or dental (please not) insurance covers that work, and what the out of pocket expense will be before writing the check and driving the car off the lot.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I bought the car from Will Guidry at the Gulf Fwy. location. I was put on him when I did some sort of online thing to get the best price quote on a car. I think he is the internet manager or internet liaison when people are asking for quotes online.

I informed Will that I was very computer literate and that I was on several different Mustang forums. I told him in a very nice manner that he would get a truthful review, good or bad.

I won't take delivery until Tuesday, but all the papers are signed, all they need from me is my check. Due to being a 41 year diabetic, my wife will need to get false teeth as the diabetes has done a number on her teeth and gums, and at this time she has several exposed nerves. We need to find out whether medical (we hope) or dental (please not) insurance covers that work, and what the out of pocket expense will be before writing the check and driving the car off the lot.
Congrats on the new ride! That's a nice solid no hassle deal. :bigthumbsup

I checked Champion Ford's website and I was impressed. They have TONS of Mustang GT's and V6's for sale. Plenty with Brembo brakes and Recaro seats too. Even a 401a package car. On average they are offering 4500-5600 off GT's up front. Tack on a $750 coupon and it's just that much sweeter. I'm guessing this is a volume dealership because they seem quite interested in moving cars. I dig it. I'll be looking to them for my next ride for sure!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, here's a couple of pics that I took today. They aren't the best quality as they were taken in a bit of a rush.

I wrote on another G8 forum about my feelings about the Mustang family. One salesman tried to steer me toward a Boss, but that won't happen. If I'm going to spend that amount of money, I'm in a brand new Vette. The Camaro did nothing for me and really wasn't considered. I find the Camaro butt ugly, however it still has a certain beauty about it. One thing that bothered me about the Camaro is that I want the auto to have the extra 25 hp or so that the manual has. A nice SRT8 Challenger with some decent options is also in the Vette price range, and again, I would take the Vette.

Basically I love fast cars put out by the big 3. I'm not a fanboy to any make of car. I feel strongly enough that the Mustang GT is in my garage, that at this point, these cars are without a doubt the best bang for the buck out there.

When I went to the track in my 2009 Vette and 2009 G8 GXP I always took off the license plate and put this one on in it's place. I don't think this license plate will look appropriate on my new Stang at the track. I just don't think knowledgeable car guys will buy it. :D

I've done some thinking about future mods. The very first one will be a real simple one. If the part looks OK, I will install it as is, if not, I will paint it DIB if I can find a can of spray paint. $100 isn't a bad price for this part. I may put on a new MGW shifter, but we'll have to see about that. I'm going by one of the Ford dealerships in Houston that does the Ford Racing thing to discuss their tunes with them. That's about all I'm considering at this time. I will get a couple new rims for the rears and will buy a couple of drag radials, but this is in the future. I want to take the car to the track and make a few bone stock passes. My goal is a bone stock 12.8X, and it will take some time and practice as I've only taken autos to the track. I never had to worry about shifting and hitting the rev. limiter before, but that's what will make getting a 12.8x even sweeter.

2011-2013 FORD MUSTANG - GT STRUT TOWER BAR - FACTORY TAKE-OFF | eBay

Lastly, it's time to change my signature and move on from the Pontiacs and Chevy I've owned. They're in the past.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very nice, I love that color!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts