Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday afternoon as I returned home from work I noticed my passenger side rear tire was flat. Upon further inspection I discovered that I wore through my tread and into the steel on one part of the tire. Not only that, but the other tire is in the same condition but hasn't gotten quite to the belts yet.

Being that i'm saving up for my wedding as well as trying to buy a house later this year, I don't have the funds set aside to buy a new tire much less a new set of rears. It looks like i'm going to have to park the Mustang for awhile until I can build up a few bucks for a new set of tires. Unfortunately I don't even have a garage to store it in at present.

I don't want to do it, but I don't know what else to do. I guess i'll have to get used to driving my S10 on the weekends too. :weeps

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
man i know, it sucks having to have prioritys in life sometimes. dont feel bad, ive got a nice size shop, insulated, drywalled,texture cieling,sat tv and stereo, heat, huge air system, welder,tools ect and no garage door to get a car in :happyhapp at one end is a lower level with a 8 ft garge door, i can get the car half way into have a floor to work on though. (the upper level would hold both our cars.) at least if you can keep the car, you`ll find some rubber at some point.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'd put off the wedding and buy a set of tires...................:gringreen
yea.....what he said :evilchuck

Get a house...you need a dry warm stable for the stang, but a wedding...a wife....thats just a "money pit". :wavey

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I feel your pain... Mine's been a dust collector for the last 2 months. :(

TDY a lot lately??

Will be in your neck of the woods in 2 weeks. DHS Conference at Gaylord National.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Park the Mustang and not drive it...why didn't I think of that?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
mines a DD so im always in the saddle... even when im not in the stang:shigrin

But in all seriousness.... look up some takeoff's online... should be pretty cheap.... maybe cut the insurance one month and use that money for some rubber n wheels.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd love to go on AM and buy the wheels and tires i've been drooling over for the past couple years but I can't do it. It's funny because everyone i've told about it expected me to say that I was going to buy tires and responded "You're not!?" When I told them I wasn't going to.

My fiancee and future home are more important right now. The mustang can wait and hopefully when I get it back out on the road i'll have some more funds available for modding. :bigthumbsup

I might not be around AFM as much though, so you guys might want to beef up your response team in the 'v6 tech' area. I'm sure 05horse is all over it. :shigrin

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
lets pool our money together and buy this man a set of rears!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
And um... what are you saving for? The bride's family pays for the wedding, all you have to do is get a tux and show up, sober enough to say "I do."

She'd love you even more if you had a car.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
yeah man, id go to your local belle tire and tell em you want 2 of the cheapest tires they got. or you can go buy a set of used tires at super low price

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Bummer, how many miles?. I just paid $900.00 for new ones. :shocked:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately for my wallet, the brides family will not be picking up the tab for the wedding.

I don't want to go buy cheapies because it's still going to cost me. I'd rather save the money i'd spend on them and buy a good set of tires a few months down the road when I have the money.

Unfortunately these tires didn't last me nearly as long as I had hoped they would. They were about 20k miles worth.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Well if you insist on keeping the fiance happy (good plan) and getting ahouse (just as good of a plan), you might want to sell something to get the money fo ryour rears....I hear sperm and kidneys fetch a good price....lol:gringreen

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I'd put off the wedding and buy a set of tires...................:gringreen

Agree, then after the wedding, come the baby, then the pony goes up for sale with 2 bald tires to buy that mini van..............

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.