Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am selling my car and i'm having a little trouble doing it. I have craigslist ads posted, and even have magnetic signs on the side of the car. I know times are hard and people arent looking to buy cars right now. Does anyone have any pointers about how to get it sold faster??:worship

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'll buy it right now....for 100 bucks :laugh:

I'm not sure if Autotrader or Cars.com is free, but you could check on that. Is your asking price consistent with KBB??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sold my Lexus on ebay. It was a smooth transaction but I was lucky and the person who bought it paid with a cashiers check so I didnt have to go through paypal (and pay a % to them)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You did not mention price ,milage or a Kelly blue book value. I have always had great luck on Craigs list. You do need to keep deleeting it every day and repost or your ad will be so far down its not found.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I found my baby on AutoTrader.com. Don't ask me why it was on the 9th page of cars while it was parked 5 miles from my home before I bought her. I will offer two reasons as to why it has not sold not knowing the details of what you are asking and it's specifics. Yellow is not for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I think the car looks good. More importantly, you are heading out of the rag top market weather wise as I found out while looking for my car about a year ago. Dealers did not stock them because most folks were not looking for them. Good luck.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I found my baby on AutoTrader.com. Don't ask me why it was on the 9th page of cars while it was parked 5 miles from my home before I bought her. I will offer two reasons as to why it has not sold not knowing the details of what you are asking and it's specifics. Yellow is not for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I think the car looks good. More importantly, you are heading out of the rag top market weather wise as I found out while looking for my car about a year ago. Dealers did not stock them because most folks were not looking for them. Good luck.
^^^makes some good points.

I sell all my cars on Craigslist. You have to repost it about every 4-5 days.

What are you asking for it?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Did you put a stock front bumper back on it? That would be the killer for me, honestly.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I always sell my stangs the first day on craigslist,
you should just write things that make your car seem very attractive, its like picking out a girl, its not about all looks, some of them are freaking crazy inside, or boring inside, or down right just blaaaaaaaaah, inculde ur mods, mileage, exterior cond. , interior cond. how it runs, how many owners, tire conditions, the problems, your price, thats it !

·
Registered
688 Posts
It's yellow , a convertible and it's a manual , really narrows the market . Having said that , it's exactly what appeals to me . I don't care for the front bumper either .

·
Registered
688 Posts
Return the car to as pristine stock as possible . Sell the aftermarket parts , nobody will pay more than book value for most vehicles and dealers tend to deduct value from book for modded vehicles . If you are a young male driver and the car is in your parents name then have them sell it as your mothers car .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Return the car to as pristine stock as possible . Sell the aftermarket parts , nobody will pay more than book value for most vehicles and dealers tend to deduct value from book for modded vehicles . If you are a young male driver and the car is in your parents name then have them sell it as your mothers car .

na i bought this car for myself as soon as i turned 18. i live on my own and its in my name. I am asking $7500 for it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i rebuilt the motor back in may and the transmission in may of 2009. Both have less than 5k on them. It has full bolt ons, ported heads, and cams

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The average buyer has no idea what a rebuilt engine is. Nor would they ever understand cams and ported heads. To most people, it's a car. They like the way it looks and they want a Mustang or a convertible to just drive around in. If you find a real car enthusiast, you might be able to get some extra cash for the mods, but don't expect it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That's a good price if the car is as clean as it appears in photos . It will sell , just have to wait for the right buyer . Have you listed in on YMR (yellowmustangregistry) ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
try kijiji. I buy and sell stuff on there all the time. You really have to get it noticed. You need a title that really grabs there attention. then tell them everything that youve done to the car and how much money youve sunk into it. Also if it is safety and etest ready that will get more attention.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.