Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a tech rep at C&L. He had some interesting news. Test car 1 did great on the Dyno with the CAI system, showed great results about 15-18 HP increase on Dyno without being programmed. He was baffled with test car 2 and 3. The result weren't that great. He said they didn't except the CAI and give the same results. The car seemed to have different Fuel/Air ratios with the factory settiings. He said they should have been the same and didn't know why they weren't. He thinks the system will need to include a programmer (more money, about double, $699). Before they put on the CAI they ran the car on the Dyno and got one car 14:1 fuel/air and the other car 12:1. I didn't write the ratios down so they aren't completely accurate but I did get the idea. The cars were different from the factory. It seems if this is so any CAI system would need to have add a programmer on. C&L is going to continue to test and the goal is to design a CAI that will bolt on and not require a programmer. The good news is and their CAI was installed and was programmed is show 24 HP at the wheels. Take this with a grain of salt. I don't know much about this just wanted to pass on and get other input.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes you need to flash tune the computer if you change the CAI..remove the hydrocarbon filter (pre cat). To do either of these without tunning will result in lost performence not gained.

I will send you 2 links in a PM that show tune results and prices of these systems. Just remember that your cars computer is recording everything...you can reflash the system back to factory settings but it is still recorded....and if the tune caused the malfunction ..your dealer will not honor your warrenty.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I still don't completely understand the flashing process. When you order the Xcalibrator do you say "I have this CAI" etc and they put whatever program on there? It seems like some of us that plan on ordering the same components need to go in together on one. :clap

·
Registered
432 Posts
RDSox04 said:
I still don't completely understand the flashing process. When you order the Xcalibrator do you say "I have this CAI" etc and they put whatever program on there? It seems like some of us that plan on ordering the same components need to go in together on one. :clap
There are set..tested programs in the tunner...you can record the factory settings...custom set your own programs or download future progams from the company thuogh your computer.

I'll send you the links also...check your pms.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i Have heard the same too, but I will find out first hand. I am dropping my car off tonight at Air Force one intakes to have a prototype kit done/testing etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the SCT installed in my car the day after I purchased it. Unfortunatly I had a full tank of dealer gas 87 octane. After a half dozen dyno pulls we did not find much of a change.Craig
www.00star.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts