Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I'm a soldier in the 101st airborne currently serving in Iraq for the second time. I am going to purchase a fox body 5.0 upon returning stateside. I really want a 93 Gt or a Cobra, but they are increasing hard to find and what I want to know is all the websites, dealers, etc where I can look for them. I want to get a nice one with low miles with a good body( just like everybody I know) I'll be paying cash(tax free money rocks) My plan is to build it to about 375-400 and give to my daughter upon her graduating high school..which is quite a few years. Anyhelp would be awesome, I get bored here when I'm not on missions so I'll be around alot, drop me a line I still got a while before I go home and I want to learn as much as I can. Thanks and keep the home fires burning..

Sgt Grant Lawrence
506th RCT, 101st Airborne- Baghdad, Iraq "Currahee, the original Band of Brothers"

If anyone want to trade mustang pics for pics of Baghdad , I got you covered..

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
At ease Sargent! :)
Welcome to AFM! :smoke:

Ebay is a good place to feel out the market and there are lots of Foxbody Mustangs for sale with lots of mods that would cost much more to do from scratch than you will pay for already done.

Tell all them Army Brats we support them and are 100% behind them AND their families no matter what they hear in the media! :worship

I've got one nephew, Army, in country on this THIRD tour! A neice, Marine, just went over for her SECOND and a neices Husband, another Jar Head, on his SECOND tour quilting Afgans. :laughlitt

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel for you brother. i was over there for a year with 3rd ID. Just got back and trying to get the stang up to par. I will keep my eyes open for you and see what I can come up with. Stay safe and god speed home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hiya Grant from Kansas! The title "shocked" me as I was in the 506th Infantry from 1961 to 1968 (except my last year as an advisor to the U.S. Training Mission to Saudi Arabia).

You might want to search Cars.com or try some local Mustang Clubs. We have one here in Kansas City www.kc-mustangs.com

They always seem to know where a late model 5.0 is hanging around.

Take care over there man. You're in the best of the best!~

Totoland Mach

·
Registered
861 Posts
Continue the good fight over there, Sergeant. Air Assault all the way.

As far as where to find a good fox-body Cobra? Oooh, yeah, hard to find! eBay, ClassicCarTrader.com, and you're local classifieds.

·
Registered
417 Posts
From SGT to SGT

Whats up SGT. Keep it up over there, we're all behind you brother. I was there for a year with 1st ID in Ramadi. As a matter of fact, I bought my fox body with my combat pay. You can really find some great deals online. Especially with AutoTrader.com. However, you should do your search around MAJOR cities away from Ft Campbell. I found my mustang for under 7000 with tons of parts already on it including a supercharger. It had good paint and interior. But around Ft Riley, I didnt find anything that wasn't used and abused. Anyway, be safe over there.

SGT John Gardner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.