Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1987 5.0... I know a-lot about imports but, not a-lot about my car.... I don't know what HO means on the motor... I just want to see if theres any that can give my some facts:cool:

·
Registered
721 Posts
HO means High Output.

Welcome to Mustang, bro. I'm relatively new to Mustangs as well. You can learn a lot from the folks around here (as I have). :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Best to get your gears from Ford Racing . . . they fit right and won't cause you problems.

As far as headers, check around on the board for reviews.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
=(

One thing that I don't like about the car it tell's me on the dash that it can only go up to 85.... =( My 1989 MR2 could go up to 150....

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hmmmm. :confused: Mine goes up to 150 . . . and next week it'll have the horsepower to do it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
=(

well I was happy that I got the car today..and well I did not look at every thing cuz...I was to happy but I got home I got back in and the speedometer actually does say that it only goes up to 85?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
=/

Every time I go online and look up info on my car.. I don't find $hit... what's up with that... HP? Motor #.. I know that I have 87 GT...and it an HO...
Does anyone know a palce to look up info.?

G

·
Yes, it does. And about the 85mph speedometer, is it possible that it had gone out and was replaced with a 4cyl speedometer? It should definitely go higher than 85, and trust me your car can too.

G

·
HP is probably around 200-215 if it's stock. edlebrock headers are nice and 3.73's are what you atleast need to have, but if you want a little bit more i would go with 4.10's.

'95 GT 5.0 with mods 310 rwhp.:naughty

·
Registered
104 Posts
back in the 80's it was a law that the speedo's only go to 85. if you look close it stops reading at 85 but has more room to go faster. I think you can get new gauge faces for it that will go higher. I am just planning on puting new speedo in mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.