Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to this, just bought a 97 mustang, got some problems to it, clutch is goin and the guy said theres a whole in my exhaust?? no clue..any good place to get parts or mechanical work done to? thanks alot! help me out!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Starting to modify your car is as easy as an internet search. Plenty of suppliers ship your direction without too much cost. Are you looking for any parts in particular? Brothers Performance, CJ Pony Parts, Dallas Mustang, etc. all have great parts and follow up if necessary. It seems that price is the only downfall to this sport. Check e-bay as well as they may have some great deals for you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
in Hamilton??

Zorro on 20 for the exhaust repairs
Clutch?? unsure out that way but there are a lot of good shops within 1/2 hour
maybe try Steeda in Milton....?? they're a mustang owners dream shop :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help! seems like the clutch is fine..just finished replacing the exhause system. The other thing i notice is when i wake up to go to work, i start the car and it starts to idle...seems like the engines gonna die on me? it only happens when the cars been sittin for a while overnight. If the cars been sittin couple hours or so its normal...anybody know what that can be?

·
Registered
203 Posts
thanks for the help! seems like the clutch is fine..just finished replacing the exhause system. The other thing i notice is when i wake up to go to work, i start the car and it starts to idle...seems like the engines gonna die on me? it only happens when the cars been sittin for a while overnight. If the cars been sittin couple hours or so its normal...anybody know what that can be?
Just a guess, but could it just need a good cleaning of the throttle body? Seems like your problem is just happening on cold idle. If your idle air passage is clogging up or your throttle blade is gummed up a little it could affect cold idle quality. This is just a guess, though, but it wouldn't hurt to clean up your throttle body a little anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.