Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I own a 1984 Mustang...It's a 6- cyl right now.. I recently bought new parts for it though... I bought an 8.8 Rear end with 3.73 gear and 5-lug axles, front 5 lug conversion, sub frame connectors, south side lower control arms, adjustable upper control arms, MSD ignition, MSD Distributor, Holley Electric Fuel pump, Edelbrock intake manifold, and a 4 inch cowl hood...i am now in the process of intalling those and my motor will be a 306, not sure on internals or anything else i wanna put in it...so if you would give me some suggestions on engine components....thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
welcome aboard!!....for a nice street 306 id go with flat top pistons and afr 165 heads and track heat intake....just what id like to do...haha

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
If you are gonna use a carb, use an Edelbrock intake, Performer RPM is good on the street. But if you're just gonna race, you might look into a single-plane intake like the Victor jr. I swapped an RPM in place of an '85 5.0 HO intake on my '68 302, and it made a huge difference, with no other changed parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.