Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my hands on a nice 2K GT, with many mods to list and 600+ RWHP, how i got it is a long an sad story.

Some specs:

F1 Ati Procharger
DSS 4.6 to 5.0 Stroker (all forged, blueprinted and balanced)
Foxlake intake
60lb injectors
XCalibrator

And much much more...
Wrote an article and sending to Mustang Enthusiast.

some pics:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/93

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately not a daily driver, right now i'm double checking everything in the car, some of the installs were medium quality. The Air fuel ratio is not the best for performance or longevity. The engine is only 2k miles old, so i want to double check everything is OK and hopefully improve on the tuneup and installation.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Get a tuner and you can fix the A/F ratio real easy.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Tune

The tune is EVERYTHING. I know you know this, but its definitely worth losing a few hp to keep the beast alive. As for being a daily driver, you could back it down a notch or two and probably do it (depending more on the suspension than the motor, though a real race tranny would kill it as a daily doer too). Looks like you've got something interesting...

Congratulations!

tripleblack

GTRaptor said:
Definately not a daily driver, right now i'm double checking everything in the car, some of the installs were medium quality. The Air fuel ratio is not the best for performance or longevity. The engine is only 2k miles old, so i want to double check everything is OK and hopefully improve on the tuneup and installation.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has the XCalibrator tuner, right now im changing the program to improve MPG and reduce power a bit.
I have 2 pulleys, right now i have the large one installed, the dyno showed 500RWHP with that one, 625 with the small one.

So my goal right now is to have a very friendly street tune with good MPG and decent and "safe" power.

The "race only" tune is another subject entirely, i have a baseline tune that made the 625 RWHP on the dyno, but has some flat fuel areas i need to check...may be a O2 sensor problem, not sure yet. This only happens when boost goes above 16 psi .

Also have a dataloger, so i have most of the tools to move in the right direction.

AS far as the tranny, it has a T56 "Viper", more than capable. What i might break is the axles, still the original with only an Auburn posi and 4:10s. At lest getting a TA gridle and axle braces. Not using slicks or slick radials so its a long/mid term issue.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more thing...it is not a daily driver for one reason: was pretty expensive to build !!

I have a 2002 Police Interceptor Crown Vic as my daily transportation, its white so i do scare some people :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
holy mother...i wish i had 600 wheel HP! :worship

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
What other mods does it have? Camns, ported heads, headers, exhaust?

That flat fuel problem you talked about might also be the result of not enough fuel pump.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has SHM cams, ported heads, bbk ceramic longtubes, bassani X, bassani catback, DUAL 03 Cobra pumps, wider fuel lines and aeromotive fuel rails, 60lb injectors and lots more :)

The problem seems to be one of the O2 sensors, on the datalog one bank side seems to be not switching fast enough..i'll change it this weekend to check.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
OMG... I'll bet you could launch in 3rd gear and still smoke em'....Good luck with it and sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
OK.... we are going to need a few thinks from you. First pics, then a couple time slips, then a vid of you smkoing the hides off that beast! :worship

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
That's an awesome ride man....I just got mine back with the blower today and I already want more.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys !!

The only objection is MPG...imagine what 60lb per hour injectors do to your wallet. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Cool, we should maybe race when i get my car back next week...........lol.....I should be at approx. 600 too.......It's so fun gettin a screatch on the highway in 4th!!!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I got one in third yesterday on the way to work. Oh how much joy that brought me. I saw an Eclipse on the way home from work this afternoon with a plate "H8URV8". Too bad I had the Explorer, I woulda shown him a thing or two.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.