Ragnar said:Here are the details for the Mustang Roundup at Kankakee State Park, IL. Event will be on Sunday, October 30th starting at 2:00. The web site for the state park is http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/PARKS/R2/KANKAKEE.HTM#Directions
All mustangs are welcome. Here are the directions:
From North or South on Interstate 57, Take I 57 to Exit 315 (Bradley-Bourbonnais) Take Rte. 50 south to the first stop light which is Armour Rd. Turn right on Armour Rd. and go to the 3rd stop light which is Rte. 102. Turn right (west) on Rte.102. The park is located 7 miles west on Rte. 102.
From the North on Interstate 55, Take I 55 to exit 238 (Braidwood). Take Rte. 129 south until coming to Strip Mine Rd. Turn left (east) on Strip Mine Rd. Follow this road until coming to a small town called Wilmington. In Wilmington, turn right on Water Street. Water Street becomes Rte 102. The park is located 10 miles east of Wilmington on Rte. 102.
From the South on Interstate 55, Take I-55 north to Dwight Exit (Rte.17). Take Rte. 17 east. Go approximately 20 miles to Warner Bridge Rd. Turn left (north) on Warner Bridge Rd. Follow this road approximately 10 miles until coming to Rte. 102. Turn right (east) on Rte. 102. The park office is located 1 1/2 miles east of Warner Bridge Rd.
- While groups of 25 or more are welcome and encouraged to use the park's facilities, they are required to register in advance with the site office to avoid crowding or scheduling conflicts.
- At least one responsible adult must accompany each group of 15 minors.
- Pets must be kept on leashes at all times.
- Actions by nature can result in closed roads and other facilities. Please call ahead to the park office before you make your trip.
- We hope you enjoy your stay. Remember, take only memories, leave only footprints.
- For more information on tourism in Illinois, call the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs' Bureau of Tourism at 1-800-2Connect.
- Telecommunication Device for Deaf and Hearing Impaired Natural Resources Information (217) 782-9175 for TDD only Relay Number 800-526-0844.