Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously debating over whether removing this side stripe... It's been bugging me since I got the car, but I keep getting mixed responses on whether to keep it or not. I think an all black car, especially as clean as I keep mine, looks wicked!

I plan on getting some painted black mirror covers for sure and some rims in the future when I can afford them, but I don't know if I should wait until I get new rims to remove the stripe or what?

I was also thinking of getting a buddy of mine to paint these base rims a sterling grey metallic color. Opinions? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I like the stripe

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ive been thinking the same thing. For me i know ill do it at some point. But for now im just to lazy to find time for it haha. I think the all black would look good:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ive been thinking the same thing. For me i know ill do it at some point. But for now im just to lazy to find time for it haha. I think the all black would look good:bigthumbsup
The stripe took 5 minutes to take off!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm seriously debating over whether removing this side stripe... It's been bugging me since I got the car, but I keep getting mixed responses on whether to keep it or not. I think an all black car, especially as clean as I keep mine, looks wicked!

I plan on getting some painted black mirror covers for sure and some rims in the future when I can afford them, but I don't know if I should wait until I get new rims to remove the stripe or what?

I was also thinking of getting a buddy of mine to paint these base rims a sterling grey metallic color. Opinions? :)
Paint the rims black like I did on my black V6. Now I am debating between solid tints on all the lights or honeycomb.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
My personal opinion is to remove the stripe. The car looks much "cleaner" without the stripe.

As for painting - you may want to save the cash spent on painting for a swap set of summer only tires and custom wheels of your liking. Plus it's nice to have a full size spare tire :)

735 Posts
I have the exact same stripes on my car, and will be keeping them.

At first I didn't think I would like them, but now I do. Plus, it's OEM and I like that. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
612 Posts
I would get rid of the OEM stripes and add some different stripes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would take it off, flat black would have looked better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the side stripes. I had some black ones on my kona blue, you couldn't even see them from 5' away, so I added white ones.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm afraid you'll get mixed responses again. You should have made a poll, set a deadline and chosen an outcome based on that. (if you really want us to decide for you)

I ditched mine and never looked back...

The only color I like it on is Race Red. Colors like Performance White, Black, and Sterling Grey should NOT have a rocker stripe IMO.

Sterling Grey, Black rims, no stripe...:worship

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blase,

I'm just like you, don't know which way to go right now! But the fact is, when we show our cars, there is always a bunch of them just like ours, so we need to do ssomething that will draw the looks to ours, besides just being a everyday driver..... I'm not sure yet of the right answer, but I'm working on it....:hihi:

Ricky

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
You should have the look you want, but asking to keep or remove, I say remove them. I had some added after I got my car but when I got new rims they just didn't look right, so I removed them and to me a much cleaner look, IMHO :yup:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I like the side stripes. I had some black ones on my kona blue, you couldn't even see them from 5' away, so I added white ones.
That's my problem too but I'm not gonna f*ck w/ 'em.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Definitely lose the stripes

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I'm afraid you'll get mixed responses again. You should have made a poll, set a deadline and chosen an outcome based on that. (if you really want us to decide for you)

I ditched mine and never looked back...

The only color I like it on is Race Red. Colors like Performance White, Black, and Sterling Grey should NOT have a rocker stripe IMO.

Sterling Grey, Black rims, no stripe...:worship
I've got Race Red and am 95% sure I'll be taking them off (Black ones) I wanted white but you couldn't get white with red on a performance pack. wtf was the reasoning behind that rule? to the op, go with what you want but be sure before you remove them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the black side stripe on my black stang but havent really gave it much thought...outta site, outta mind I guess. But as for the rims?..Mine lasted about a week in the factory silver and I went out and bought Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Paint, adhesion promoter, and some clear coat and did it myself and they turned out great

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Lose the stripe. Definitely! I have before and after pictures of my car with and without them in my thread. Here's a link...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/299135-say-hello-summer.html

Mirror covers, definitely!

Wheels... This is what I think you should do if you do not get new ones right away.

Take this picture:

Notice the darker gray area of the wheel... Yours may or may not be this way, but regardless, paint the darker gray area that you see in the above picture black for your car. That would look great, and it would be cheap.

Also, tint the windows.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I personally do not like the side stripes at all (rocker stripes, I think they are called?) When I was in the market for a Mustang that was one of the first things I realized I wanted to avoid.. .unfortunately many of the Stangs with sidestripes ALSO came with a spoiler, I ended up sacrificing both, for now.

I think the side stripes look good on some of the older Mustangs, but these new Stangs have such a clean look to them, I think it kills the appearance, but that's my personal opinion :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts