Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tested my in car camera for the first time last night at Irwindale. A little rough but I think it adds reality to it--vs it being smooth and you thinking your racing a cadillac.

Anyway, I have alot, but here are my two best runs. (2) 6.770's @ 101 mph with a 1.459 60' on one and a 1.463 60' on the other.
In car camera Irwindale Whipple Mustang

I was hoping I would run into a faster car as I think the video would be more interesting if you saw the other car in the other lane.

On a side note, I killed a srt4, a new c6 vette, 350z, turbo diesel truck, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hot damn! That was awesome! I love in car movies:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Very, Very nice! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah, very cool. I love the whine of the Whipple. I saw in your profile that you're running 16 psi of boost. Did you build the bottom end of the engine or is it still stock? I keep tossing around the idea of going with a Whipple, but I'm a little concerned about going over 10 psi with a stock bottom end. That 10 second 1/4 mile time is smokin!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, very cool. I love the whine of the Whipple. I saw in your profile that you're running 16 psi of boost. Did you build the bottom end of the engine or is it still stock? I keep tossing around the idea of going with a Whipple, but I'm a little concerned about going over 10 psi with a stock bottom end. That 10 second 1/4 mile time is smokin!!!
Yeah, stick with 10psi until you get the bottom end handled. Cobra crank, scat rods, JE pistons is what I run.

Thanks for the comments so far---what do you guys think---is the camera shake a bit much or is it ok? I kind of like it, but looking for more opinions.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Yeah, stick with 10psi until you get the bottom end handled. Cobra crank, scat rods, JE pistons is what I run.

Thanks for the comments so far---what do you guys think---is the camera shake a bit much or is it ok? I kind of like it, but looking for more opinions.
I don't think the camera was shaking all that much, do you have a image stabilized camera?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Very nice 60' times.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Oh man, LOVE the car man. Very nice 10.7 sec time and good video, that sucker just took right off haha. Now ya got me all excited about forging my bottom end haha.

G

·
Very nice 60' times.

I was going to say that as well!

I think the camera shake makes you feel more connected to the car. It just adds that little extra "grit" factor and I like it. What does your camera set up consist of? It would be cool to run two of them and have a front and a side view in synch.

Nice!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Awesome. We're thinking of turning our camera to face the rear next time at the track. What do you think?

G

·
Great Vids. I think the Camera shaking is a good addition to the vid. I hate the ones where it seems like the car doesnt seem as fast as it really is, Like an electric car taking off!. I think by it shaking it helps to eliminate that problem.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome. We're thinking of turning our camera to face the rear next time at the track. What do you think?
I was thinking of that to. It would have to be on the passenger side if your in the left lane, and the drivers side if your in the right lane. I think I am going to try that next time out.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That's the coolest video I've ever seen on this site. Nice, Paul.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I didn't think the camera shake was bad at all...just part of the show...I could still see what was going on just fine.
One thing I would try is see if you could put it on the drivers side (if you could still see to drive)...then the viewer would feel like he was driving the car instead of just riding. It was definitely a great video though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very nice, Its gotta shake going that fast:evillol:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Very cool. Camera shake makes it more real. I didn't even notice it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's the coolest video I've ever seen on this site. Nice, Paul.
Now its your turn, get that beast to the track!

I didn't think the camera shake was bad at all...just part of the show...I could still see what was going on just fine.
One thing I would try is see if you could put it on the drivers side (if you could still see to drive)...then the viewer would feel like he was driving the car instead of just riding. It was definitely a great video though.
I was going to try that, but based on how high the camera is --- I was sure if I tried that the tech guys would give me grief about it. See pics below.

Very nice, Its gotta shake going that fast:evillol:
Yeah, I like the camera shake--was just worried that it may have been a little to much for some, but so far everyone seems to like it.

Here is another couple passes later that night. Different camera, on my computer its widescreen so it looks cool, but I think the sound on the first camera is better.

In car camera Irwindale Whipple Mustang night wide

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.