Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't regret anything about buying my v6. Except that it doesn't get the gas mileage I expected. My decision to go with the v6 rather than the GT was based COMPLETELY off the skyrocketing gas prices and I expected to get reasonable mileage with the v6. Unfortunately, Its a struggle to get 14 mpg city which is where I do most of my driving. And if I choose to drive with a heavy foot on the gas I'll be lucky to make 11 or 12 mpg. Grossly rediculous if you ask me. If you have any suggestions on how to get a better fuel/mileage rating PLEASE let me know.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
i suggest a good tune up first,then add a cold air induction,a good flowing muffler....and keep an eye on tire pressure.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
You can try a of 1/2 a can of Seafoam that helped my mpg on my GT, so I know it will help your V6

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^I agree with the above posts and get some fuel injector cleaner too to add when you go to the pumps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How likely is it that the furl injectors need to be cleaned? And how would I go about doing that?

·
Registered
649 Posts
i would start with routine maintenance, new oil, give it a sea foam treatment, clean house first, and also check your air filter(or get a cold air intake system off ebay)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
How likely is it that the furl injectors need to be cleaned? And how would I go about doing that?

I usually put fuel injector cleaner in my car once a month and I fill up about 5-6 times a month. You can pick up fuel injector cleaner at any auto store. You put it in your gas tank near empty before you fill up at the pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.