Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on selecting some parts for my drivetrain because I think the cam that I have(E303) may cause me some problems with the mods I'm about to put in the engine.
The drivetrain is all stock and I stuck a E303 cam in it a few months back to give it some horses along with some other minor mods. But shortly after putting these mods I been getting some knocking noises coming from one of my cyl. heads and didn't know what it was. I talked to a few people and some said it may of been my lifters and others say its probably the rocker arms being overstressed from the lift of the cam. Turns out that my head gasket went on me and was leaking through one of the water passages.

But I just want to get an appropriate valvetrain now because I am having some heads getting worked on and having them shaved to get a little more compression but I'm afraid that I may have a piston to valve clearance problem.
Trying to find an alternative rather than switching cams.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
That should be okay but I hope you at least put some fresh springs on the heads.

Stock rockers?
Pushrods?

Stock lifters are not to bad but they could colapse as that is a possibility with all used parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts